The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Default less than stellar customer service from KorgUSA

In a separate thread I complained about a Vox Amplug I/O USB interface. It was supposed to come with a software key. Instead it had a link whee I was instructed to BUY the software key for $99 additional dollars.

I complained and, it turned out, they forgot to include the key as advertised so they gave me a key.

The device had tons of performance problems, which I wrote about in a review here on AGF.

Well, I tried again and something electrical burned up - typical melted electronics smell stunk up my room and it burned up.

It is covered under warranty so I sent Korg a customer service request. No reply.

I sent a second request. No reply.

I sent a third request. They apologized for the weeks-long delay and told me "yes your item is under warranty"....that's good....."but unfortunately it's discontinued".

I told them I want a replacement, repair or my money back. They told me they don't make these anymore but I can have a headphone amp.

When I told them I have one - I want this or a refund they asked my address.

Well, in the meantime I see Musician's Friend still sells these under SDOTD so I ordered another hoping it will work.

I got a check today from Korg. They didn't reimburse my tax or shipping so they didn't do a good job of taking care of me as a customer.

Not a lot of money but I'm really not impressed with companies that don't take care of their customers.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 01-20-2017, 06:51 PM

Shame, since they used to be one of the more reputable outfits back in the '80s - thanks for the heads-up...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic