The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD... pretty, but cheap

I've scarcely played electric guitar the last couple of years. I have two guitars in the Strat family (a MIJ Strat and a G&L), but have wanted a shorter scale dual humbucker for a while. Had heard really good things about Agile for a long time, and have owned two SX basses from Rondo Music which I have been really happy with. Found this on sale last week with a few drinks in me, and pulled the trigger:

Are you kidding me? All solid wood, solid two piece mahogany body. Mahogany neck, figured Canadian maple cap. Ebony fretboard with abalone inlays. Grover tuners. Good fret work. Slightly sloppy nut slot on the low E, little scratch on the pickguard, but can't find another flaw. Under $300 shipped... c'mon.

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 01-17-2017, 01:46 AM

Heard some good things about the Agile guitars in terms of overall construction; I've also heard they usually need a few minor tweaks to get them where they should be - as you've discovered - but once you do they'll compete with many higher-priced models...

Use it well, often, and LOUD...
Old 01-17-2017, 09:41 AM

I can't see your pics for some reason. Congrats on the Agile! I've read great things about them over the past couple of years. How are the pickups?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars