The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
From the "Hope Springs Eternal Department", I just got an email from GC notifying me that my ES-175 is still on backorder, and that it will ship as soon as they receive them from Epiphone. This made me breifly optomistic until I realized that this is probably a computer-generated notification issued after so many days with anything on backorder. Here's hoping!
Save it as "exhibit A" if they cancel later.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:18 PM

Well, the other shoe has dropped. I got a call from GC today, notifying me that my order has been cancelled, and that they will not be stocking any more natural ES-175's. I put up a royal fuss, but they would not offer me anything. I insisted on speaking with a manager, and he issued me a $25 gift certificate for my trouble. They wouldn't give me a deal on a sunburst model, as it too is on closeout. They offered me a measley 7 per cent off on a full-priced model.
It looks like I'll have to go without... where's the sour mash?
Old 12-03-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Well, the other shoe has dropped. I got a call from GC today, notifying me that my order has been cancelled, and that they will not be stocking any more natural ES-175's. I put up a royal fuss, but they would not offer me anything. I insisted on speaking with a manager, and he issued me a $25 gift certificate for my trouble. They wouldn't give me a deal on a sunburst model, as it too is on closeout. They offered me a measley 7 per cent off on a full-priced model.
Same story here (including the sour mash).
Old 12-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Well. At least you put up a good fight. Next time GC or Musician's Friend puts up a deal that's too good to be true, and it's something you want, jump on it...

The sunburst still really is a great deal. If you want an ES 175 type that has great pickups, and has a lacquer finish instead of being dipped in plastic, it's still worth getting. Why not call and see if they can cut you a deal on a case for it considering how you were mistreated?

they really are great guitars. Loud, and bright without being thin sounding. Even with the plywood the maple comes through.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:04 PM

I didn't know that I wanted it until it was too late; it wasn't even on my radar. I don't want a sunburst, although I'm sure they are nice. I had one years ago that said Gibson on the headstock, and it was an early one. Now I'm into natural blondes.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:33 PM

There's an Epiphone ES-175 Premium in my house now. It's one of the "clearance" priced, natural finish ones. Ordered it during the Black Friday sale. Im pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks. Best of all, it's easy to play. Just need to order a case for it. To those also ordering cases, beware the case that was recommended to me (Epiphone Emperor) by a couple online vendors doesn't fit. American Musical Supply and zZsounds appear to sell the correct Epiphone case model. My understanding is that they are separate businesses but ship from the same warehouses. I ordered from zZSounds -- will post whether the case fits after it arrives on Friday

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-94017560CS

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPI9401...dhMDQodgekCtA=
Missing/Stolen: Martin Custom Jumbo, Sitka Spruce/Honduran Mahogany, Serial #992248

Last edited by guitargarden; 12-06-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I've heard nothing but great things, but they are a little rich for my blood. 5% of the cost of the guitar per set seems a bit much! Especially for a hack like me.

I'm a "these are on sale? Give me 5 sets" kind guy.
Remember, it is the strings that make the sound!
They are expensive, but they last and last and last.They are only about 2 1/2% the regular price of your guitar.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Gaffer View Post
Remember, it is the strings that make the sound!
They are expensive, but they last and last and last.They are only about 2 1/2% the regular price of your guitar.
I'm pretty sure the Mesa Boogie I'm playing it through contributes a tad more to the sound than the Daddario nickel flats that are on it right now

I do hear you. But I simply can't pay that. I was raised by a survivor of the Great Depression from a single mother home. I could NEVER have paid the regular price for this guitar. So your math, while sound in a consumer society kind of way doesn't apply to me.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargarden View Post
There's an Epiphone ES-175 Premium in my house now. It's one of the "clearance" priced, natural finish ones. Ordered it during the Black Friday sale. Im pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks. Best of all, it's easy to play. Just need to order a case for it. To those also ordering cases, beware the case that was recommended to me (Epiphone Emperor) by a couple online vendors doesn't fit. American Musical Supply and zZsounds appear to sell the correct Epiphone case model. My understanding is that they are separate businesses but ship from the same warehouses. I ordered from zZSounds -- will post whether the case fits after it arrives on Friday

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-94017560CS

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPI9401...dhMDQodgekCtA=
Congrats on receiving your ES-175. I am enjoying the heck out of mine.

As for case.....I ordered this one .. Works Perfect!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...C-adType%5EPLA

Last edited by JakeStone; 01-12-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM

Here we go again! GC has the Epiphone ES-175 Premium in Ebony on a closeout for $479.97. I just ordered one over the phone, and was told that they only had two left. Let's see if I get one this time? The girl suggested that ordering over the phone was better than online, because she supposedly located one for me at a store and confirmed the sale.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:13 PM

That's Awesome!

Great guitar and great deal. FYI the case I got (see above post) is perfect fit.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:33 PM

Thank you JakeStone, I will be needing one, but I think I'll wait to see if I actually get the guitar this time, or if it gets cancelled again.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Yep ..

I'm rootin' for ya.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars