The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-24-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
"I was in the ifold Tower when my mom texted me that grandma has die of beatties that causes her mindgrain headaches".
Ever use speech to text?

Because that's what it often ends up looking like.

I think it's funny that reactions and "likes" to posts on Facebook could be deemed "troubling".

For God's sake, it's Facebook.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRider View Post
...I think it's funny that reactions and "likes" to posts on Facebook could be deemed "troubling"...
That's the marshmallow world we live in...
Old 07-24-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
I only have one thing to say, and it's about how people see and read things that may in fact be difficult to decipher.

Change this:

To this:

I'm finding it ironic to parade the "pit women against other women" argument about, as one unmeasurably capitalizes on the take down of a woman...

This is perfectly clear to me...and while it took me about 3 times reading through to "get it", well, it's not something produced from the Enigma machine.

Here's the meaning, if you still don't follow:
There is public discussion (argument) about pitting one woman against another, and by parading it about one capitalizes unmeasurably on the take down of a woman.
I would generally agree with this, though if one is going to post something on Facebook, shouldn't some thought be given to how a post is interpreted as to not leave said post to interpretation? Even more so, is it the reader's job to have to interpret ambiguous posts?

I still think there is a majority of folks who will "like" a comment in their circle of friends (or possibly celebrities) just because they are their friends or favorite celebrities... possibly "liking" something simply because they want to be "liked" too or "liked back."
Old 07-24-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
That's the marshmallow world we live in...
I like marshmallows... especially when paired with graham crackers and Hershey bar pieces... (please like this!)
Old 07-24-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looburst View Post
Social media is one of the many things we don't need nor would ever miss if it went away. It is, by a country mile, the most colossal waste of time and energy man has ever created. I only text for work related issues and as far as Facebook is concerned,,,,,,I just had the most delicious drink of water,,,,EVER! Give me a break!
Back in the days before Facebook, when Myspace was just about the only Social Media game in town, I used to waste a lot of time there. That was largely because of my living situation then and my feelings of alienation. Once Rupert Murdoch took over Myspace and turned it into an advertising site, I became aware of how much time I was wasting there and decided that time could be better spent reading or practicing guitar.
We all have our favorite ways of wasting time. In the 60s it was marijuana.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic