The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-01-2017, 12:01 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - February 2017

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 02-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Edited- Sold the Burgundy Burst via Reverb

The PL1 is a replica that I’m making of the iconic 100 year old Gibson L1. Originally carved, these are braced with a 15’ top radius. Western Red Cedar top, Sapele back and sides, Mahogany neck, Ebony fretboard and bridge with aged metal parts and a French polish finish. The removable pick guard is Maple that’s been dyed black. The nut width is a little over 1-11/16. Comes with a custom faux brown alligator case made by TKL. Let me know if you have any questions.

Asking $2100 + shipping.

Last edited by Patch Rubin; 02-24-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Greetings everyone! Well, after a crazy year with a huge and unexpected shop move/rebuild, I have a few extra guitars kicking around that I'm finally looking to get out the door! First up is a killer 00-13 flat-top with f-holes...

The inspiration for this build arose from a deep love of the music and sound of Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings. Gillian plays a big Gibson and Dave plays a 1935 Epiphone Archtop -- the goal was to meld the sounds of their two instruments into one flat-top and the experiment was a success! The guitar's tone has a full body but also the bite and clarity of Dave's guitar. I've been fortunate to have a bunch of great players try it out over the past year and the response has been incredibly positive with most noting that it's unlike any other guitar they've tried.

Here's a short clip of one of those great player's, Grant Gordy (check him out if you haven't already!) giving it a go at this past fall's Fretboard Summit in Santa Diego...

http://www.instagram.com/p/BLmeDuEAT05

A bit more about the guitar...

Indian Hill 00-13
13-fret body joint
Sinker Western Red Cedar top
Mahogany back and sides
Slot-head with Waverly tuners
One piece Mahogany neck
Sound port
44.5 mm bone nut
Ebony pinless bridge
French polish finish

Thanks for looking and please don't hesitate to contact me with any and all questions about the guitar!

Mike
instagram
Old 02-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

Edit - SOLD

I have another PL1 available, similar to the ones above. This one has a Tobacco Burst finish with an 1-3/4 nut. Please message me if you have any questions.

Asking $2300 + shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg (55.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (42.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4316.jpg (45.1 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Patch Rubin; 02-23-2017 at 07:00 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop