The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thumbs up Another crazy Guitar / Banjo hybrid

Bruce Halbohm has the craziest portfolio of art guitars you've never seen. He builds eye-popping guitars from hubcaps, drawers, serving trays, etc. (but has no website so you'll have to meet him in person to see his portfolio). I own one of his Guitar Banjo hybrids, equipped with a single coil pickup for extra honk. You haven't lived until you've played Stairway to Heaven on a GitBanjo!

Here's Bruce's latest one-of-a-kind creation - available for less than $1000US, priced as pop-art but perfectly playable - Plays like a guitar, sounds like a Banjo. It even includes a single coil pickup so you can plug in and demonstrate your mad Banjo skills to a crowd. Run this thing through a fuzz box for true honky banjo crunch. Delicious! Send me a private message if you'd like Bruce's contact info.

And the pics:

JR
Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Dear Mr. Rogers,

We'll have to check with our moderators to see if this thread belongs in this section of the AGF.

Interesting instrument, no matter what it is! Looks like fun to me.

cotten
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post

Interesting instrument, no matter what it is! Looks like fun to me.

cotten
Cotten, since you seem to be sure it is an instrument, you are already one step ahead of me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments