The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-11-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstrat View Post
For me there is no comparison, mics win out everytime sound-wise. My problem is the feedback; it is always an issue!!!!

So for you mic-ers, how do you handle the feedback?

jack
A triangular piece of paper taped over the soundhole which covers 1/4 of the hole (covering the upper bridge side) should eliminate feedback probs with a mic.
It's not pretty but it works - and anyway it's all about tone right?
Face it - most audience members couldn't give a toss about your double herringbone rosette - they're there for the music and as long as you sound good - they'll come back for more. If you're getting feedback all the time - they may not want to put up with it again.
Try it - it really works!
Washburn 1912(?) parlour
...And a bunch of garbage...
Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 AM

Yes, it is all about the Tone and being able to enjoy the Music feedback free.
I will probably invest in an L.R.Baggs M-1 for those times I MUST have a pickup and try to blend that with the Condenser Mic I have chosen. We will see... So much to learn about Sound and reproducing it as true as possible and as inexpensively as possible. All I want to do is play and play and play some more. Practice will bring out the best of me not focusing on Bling and dings and things like that. Most of the smaller clubs in my area have their own sound system usually with a Mackie Mixer so that will come into play as I will have to learn how to get the best sound using what I have and an Ultrasound 50 Watt DS-4 as well as being prepared to use the Sound System of whatever Venue I may be playing in.

It's the Music That Really Matters!

Last edited by Compurocker; 10-11-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 AM

But with my Loudbox 100, the mic alone causes feedback. I spent a few minutes this weekend playing with the EQ (mixer, standalone 15 band, and Loudbox) to no avail. Simply plugging in the Mic and setting the volume to an audible level caused feedback.

How far from the amp should I place the mic?

I will keep experimenting...

jack

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification