The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAtlanta1 View Post
Just got a D-42 (Peter Frampton) today. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a pick-up? I play a wide variety of music (bluegrass, church worship, classic rock).
Hi JCA...
My favorite all-round and flexible natural sounding pickup is the K&K pure western mini and an external preamp.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 10-09-2008, 12:32 PM

yeah.. K&K are very good. So is Shertler from what Ive been told.

Taylor 2009 DDSM Custom Build; LR Baggs Hex (Comes with the DDSM)

R. Taylor Style 1, Short Scale Neck, Adi Top, Madagascar Sides/Back, LR Baggs Anthem: 2010

Taylor BTO; 814C Florentine. Adi top and bracing. AA grade EIR, Gotoh tuners. Honeyburst top. No electronics (installed LR Baggs Anthem) Tropical Vine Inlay
Old 10-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Have any of you K&K fans tried the infinity. It would be interesting to me to see if the gap is closing.
Steve
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
Have any of you K&K fans tried the infinity. It would be interesting to me to see if the gap is closing.
Steve

If you're indicating that the new UST's (such as the Infinity) sound better than what many are accustomed to hearing out of under saddle p/ups, you have my vote.....
I have the Baggs Element VTC in 1 guitar and it sounds excellent IMO. I've tried the K&K PW solo. I found it difficult to get the settings (tone) I wanted. I think that's why most folks generally recommend running K&K preamp with it. Maybe I should have....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification