The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Default Best Acoustic Sim Pedal\Unit??

I use my 714ce as my main "go-to" guitar but yesterday my father gave me a great little squier strat that I've been pleasantly surprised with. I played it through out PA last night and ran it through my Delay and Cool Cat and it sounded pretty good but was thinking if I could find a nice, used Acoustic Simulator that it might be a nice addition to a free guitar.

I've done a bit of research and from what I've seen the Boss AC-3 can be somewhat loud without a noise suppressor or compressor.

I don't really want to get into a bunch of expense here, it's a guitar I may use once a week or so but I would like to be able to have the flexibility with it.

I've also heard something about the Zoom 505 and the Digitech RP150...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
PT
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 10-04-2008, 07:03 AM

I have an older electric multi-effects Boss processor. There many presets that sound very good and add brightness like an acoustic. I have used them for a solo just like an acoustic and it works well. Electric players are so used to bridge pickup distortion to cut through a mix that they really don't explore how it can be used as a solo intrument. It doesn't necessarily have to sound like an acoustic guitar it just needs to sound "nice" whatever that means. Explore different pickup configurations to get to a sound that is what you are looking for.
Steve
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Charter Member

I wonder how one of the Fishman Aura pedals would work with an electric.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification