The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-17-2019, 07:16 PM

Default Happy St. Patty's Day

I'm off now to play a few tunes on one of my Emeralds, while I still can (shoulder surgery on Thursday will sideline me for 8-10 weeks). I might even give "Danny Boy" a run. No green beer though...
Old 03-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I'm off now to play a few tunes on one of my Emeralds, while I still can (shoulder surgery on Thursday will sideline me for 8-10 weeks). I might even give "Danny Boy" a run. No green beer though...
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too, my friend. Take care, and keep us posted.

(and if you want to e-mail me a photo of that Ovation, I'll get it posted)

Wishing you a full and fast recovery,
Jim, Joan, & Rufus
Old 03-17-2019, 08:34 PM

Thanks Jim. We miss connecting with you guys this trip, but I cannot travel right now. I'll email a photo tomorrow when next on my computer. I think people will appreciate seeing it.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Happy St. Patrick's Day. Wishing you a quick recovery.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hey Earl...

Cheers brother.... wishing you a speedy recovery!

Todd in Chicago
Old 03-18-2019, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Good Luck Earl !! I know you have had it rough lately, I hope this is the end of that for a while.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:27 AM
Guest 928

Earl;

I wish you well with your surgery. Barbara had a complete replacement several years ago and was back playing tennis in 2 months. The trick was her disciplined approach to the therapy. And her motivation--tennis. I suspect your itch to play the guitar will generate a lot of motivation. Our thoughts are with you.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:28 AM

I really appreciate the well wishes everyone. Surgery and rehab won't be fun, but I'd really like to have my right arm functional again. I have survived worse. I finger picked the X7 for ~30 minutes last evening and paid the price well into the night.

PT's love me, because they always have to hold me back. They say "ten reps" and my brain hears "14 max intensity reps".
Old 03-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Guest 928

Earl;

Yeh, but don't hurt yourself. We have two animals in the village who went above and beyond and ended back on the table. Math folks work with the belief that you do what's necessary and what's sufficient. I'm sure your side-kick will keep an eye on you.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:09 PM

Alice and I have a long running inside joke: "Don't be a guy". Guys heal up just enough to start feeling better, then go out and play too hard too soon, aggravating the injury. The PT's help me know where the limits are.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber