The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-15-2014, 06:12 PM

This is my favorite even if the video is 10 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9aJ00aWnP0

This man is awesome!!!
Well, Mr Walsh ainīt that bad either...
Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 PM

I'm jealous of those of you who have seen JT live. Looooong time fan but have never had the chance. I remember when after years of playing songs like Fire and Rain, Country Road, Carolina On My Mind, and his version of You've Got a Friend, I finally learned how to play his riffs correctly. It was like a big door opened up and let me inside an exclusive club. Thank you JT for such great and long lasting songs. I hope you are able to do a meet and greet with him.

2004 Taylor 712 Baggs Anthem SL
2019 Taylor 717e Builders Edition ES2
2016 Huss & Dalton TOM-M w/Baggs M-1
2019 Martin Custom Shop OMCE Blaze Burst w/Fishman Matrix Enhance
2019 Martin OM28 Modern Deluxe
Old 11-15-2014, 06:46 PM

Here's my observations at the Hollywood Bowl JT Concert in June. I was in the second row.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ght=rodmeister
Old 11-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Default James Taylor

Going to the Norfolk show with my Mom. I've seen him a dozen or so times, and she's been with me to a number of them. Always a fantastic time. Enjoy!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:08 PM

I saw him a few years ago with Carole King. He has aged well, his voice is as smooth as it was 30 years ago.

Someone do me a favor and pour me some Jager,
And I'll grab my guitar and play.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
◙▬◙▬◙▬◙▬◙▬◙▬◙▬◙

2010 Taylor 516ce Koa Fall LTD
1930's Regal Angelus Model 19
1980 Sigma DM-3
1979 Yamaha FG-312
2004 Yamaha FG-423s-DSR
2005 Yamaha FS-720-S
2006 Fender FR 50
Old 11-16-2014, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukematrix View Post
Going to the Norfolk show with my Mom. I've seen him a dozen or so times, and she's been with me to a number of them. Always a fantastic time. Enjoy!
That's the one I'm going to. I can't wait until the show.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestCharley View Post
This is my favorite even if the video is 10 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9aJ00aWnP0

This man is awesome!!!
Well, Mr Walsh ainīt that bad either...
Love both of these guys, thanks for posting the vid.

2004 Taylor 712 Baggs Anthem SL
2019 Taylor 717e Builders Edition ES2
2016 Huss & Dalton TOM-M w/Baggs M-1
2019 Martin Custom Shop OMCE Blaze Burst w/Fishman Matrix Enhance
2019 Martin OM28 Modern Deluxe
Old 11-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

I saw him this year at Ravinia (outdoor theatre in the Chicagoland area). I have always been a huge fan, but even more so after seeing him for the first time.

The playing was outstanding...his stories entertaining...and had several ad libs with people who shouted things out to him. He really bonded with the audience.

Here's the thing that blew me away, though. They announced a 15 minute intermission. The band left the stage and Taylor plopped down at the edge of the stage and signed autographs and shook hands for 20 minutes. He graciously tried to get back on stage to start the next set, but repeatedly bent down to shake another hand or sign an autograph. After another 5 minutes, he APOLOGIZED and started playing again. The show is over, the band leaves, and JT squats right back down at the edge of the stage and 'met' with the audience for more than 30 minutes. An absolute total class act!! He obviously doesn't need the money, but you can just tell how much he loves what he does and how much he appreciates all of the fans that follow him.

Long story short.....plan on staying after the show and you will most likely get a chance to meet him!
Old 11-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP5 View Post
I saw him this year at Ravinia (outdoor theatre in the Chicagoland area). I have always been a huge fan, but even more so after seeing him for the first time.

The playing was outstanding...his stories entertaining...and had several ad libs with people who shouted things out to him. He really bonded with the audience.

Here's the thing that blew me away, though. They announced a 15 minute intermission. The band left the stage and Taylor plopped down at the edge of the stage and signed autographs and shook hands for 20 minutes. He graciously tried to get back on stage to start the next set, but repeatedly bent down to shake another hand or sign an autograph. After another 5 minutes, he APOLOGIZED and started playing again. The show is over, the band leaves, and JT squats right back down at the edge of the stage and 'met' with the audience for more than 30 minutes. An absolute total class act!! He obviously doesn't need the money, but you can just tell how much he loves what he does and how much he appreciates all of the fans that follow him.

Long story short.....plan on staying after the show and you will most likely get a chance to meet him!

Same experience I had this summer in Raleigh. OP, if you're on the second row, and want to, you can speak to JT and get an autograph, just won't be a ten minute conversation about which bridge pins he prefers, etc, etc, etc

It blew me away when he signed things during his intermission and it lasted at least thirty minutes here. The band played while he signed, one of the last was with a little girl he held for a picture. What a guy, no pretentious rock star bs with him.

Enjoy the show!
Old 11-26-2014, 03:19 AM

What a wonderful show yesterday evening. James Taylor is a class act, signed autographs, took photos and spoke a few words with the fans. I was able to meet J.T. and got his autograph. He was just awesome. Thank you Mr. Taylor.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:53 AM

We saw him in Brisbane a few year back wirth Carol King, consumate performers both! Would love to see him back, this time in Perth. Love those Olson's he plays as well :-)

Taylor 514ce (1999)
Taylor Baby-m (1999)
Taylor 814ce (2014 - Finally!)
Old 11-26-2014, 05:56 AM

Cool

seen him this summer. just after a tornado almost took dte energy down. hell of a storm. but just as jt came on stage everything turned quite and no rain. almost like he had a connection with the man upstairs. lol amazing show. I know at intermission he signed some autographs for the first couple rows.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:19 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds08 View Post
What a wonderful show yesterday evening. James Taylor is a class act, signed autographs, took photos and spoke a few words with the fans. I was able to meet J.T. and got his autograph. He was just awesome. Thank you Mr. Taylor.
A colleague of mine knows his drum tech and was trying to reach him at the venue before the show. I wonder if he was able to connect?

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-26-2014, 10:07 AM

I assume that you guys have seen him at smaller venues? He's playing in our local hockey arena (which is big enough to host monster truck rallies) this coming saturday. Stub hub has tickets in row D going for upwards of $700. The more "modest" seats about 100 rows back are going for $80. It looks like I may miss him this time around.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:09 AM

Enjoy the show! I saw him at Bethel Woods this summer. It was a great concert. I can't help with meeting him, but I am sure if you do meet him, he'll be great. He seems so friendly.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion