The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 08-31-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySmash View Post
I tried many times to log in/register at www.ukuleleunderground.com. They keep asking for an answer to "Random question" on the form. Regardless of what I put they say I have the wrong answer. Then I am returned to the blank registration page again. Anyone understand this? What am I suppose to put there?

I did register with "ukulelecosmos".
you're trying to log into their educational website. Here is the link the forum which is free to sign up for ~

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php
Old 09-01-2017, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyf View Post
Johnny, try again. It's been brought to the moderators attention and supposedly it's fixed. I've been permanently logged on for years, so my aged memory would not allow me to bring up the particulars of registering, but I think the answer to the question "what's the forum about?" is "ukulele". Post if this works. Moderator would like to know if they've fixed the problem. Great forum btw, so don't give up, it's the AGF, or Mandolin Cafe of ukulele info.
Hi Bunnyf, Thank you for helping. I tried to log in/register again. I was successful since I got a letter from them saying so. I clicked on the link they provided and it took me back to the underground where it said - you have successfully registered, try to log in now. So I tried to log in three times and each time I was told that I was using the wrong user name. Daahhhhh. So I then sent them an e-mail about two hours ago, no answer yet. I will wait for their reply.

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

Ventura 12 string V17, now
a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Melokia, Solid Acacia Tenor Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-01-2017, 01:46 AM

[QUOTE=Mezcalero63;5462606]I would suggest looking at a baritone ukulele with a 19" scale length, and go with a lighter gauge set of strings such as Aquila Reds or Aquila Carbon Blacks. You can find great deals on used instruments on Ukulele Underground Forum and Flea Market Marketplace. Here are some examples that are for sale now ~

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...a-24B-Baritone

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...W-Mi-Si-Pickup

Thank you for the link to the underground.

On the subject of buying other than local or through a large place like Amazon is: Shipping half way around the world from most points to my home in North East Thailand. The second problem is Custom's/Duty/Taxes. Add this to the asking price for most instruments and you are paying double plus in the end.

The one big drawback to retirement in another country is that everything is not at your fingertips as in America. This place is highly developed, not really third world, however, lacking in many ways.

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-01-2017, 11:42 AM

Got a question on reading tab for tenor and playing baritone. When the sheet music tab calls for a C chord on a tenor I would play it the same way on a baritone and call it a G chord. Playing 3rd fret of 1st string, and strings 2, 3, and 4 are played open. Is that correct?

I understand that I will have to know the fingering for many chords on a baritone when transposing because the fingering will be the same on some chords and different on others.

When just playing by myself for myself I think I could just play the notes/chords as written for tenor on my baritone and it would just be in a different key. Is that correct also?

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-01-2017, 03:01 PM

Johnny, you are correct. You can use tab written for C-tuned ukes with your G-tuned baritone and you will just be playing in a different key. Just watch for whether it's high G or low. Most tab is high G, reentrant tuning. I'm guessing your baritone probably has a low D, linear tuning. So, look for low g arrangements if you can or you'll have to find the notes that fall on your d string elsewhere on the fretboard, or they can sound funny.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:41 AM

I just ordered a Kala KA-BE Mahogany Baritone Ukulele from Amazon.com. They, in my opinion, are anything besides user friendly. Many ukuleles they sell will not ship to Thailand but they do not tell you until you are placing your order. Then you have to go back and either find a company that will deliver to Thailand or pick another model of ukulele. I did that song and dance 4 or 5 times tonight. Then when I got the ukulele ordered my confirmation orders says "delivery date pending". Hope I am still around when it arrives. The Kala ukulele that I ordered only costs $199.99. But my final bill came to $384.58. Shipping plus, taxes, and an import fee of $58.92.

I think I need to educate myself on shipping, import fee, etc. and learn all about ordering direct from factories if I start getting the desire for a better ukulele. I do not think I could order again from Amazon. I only pushed through this time because I want a ukulele sometime in the near future.

I do not know what is the problem with the underground. I enrolled and they sent me an e-mail saying that I was accepted. I clicked on the link they provided and then they told me I was all set to go. Just log in. Problem is that when I try to log in they tell me I have the incorrect user name. I am using the user name that they have in their mail and that I picked. I went back to my e-mail box and replied to that e-mail they send me. There was a place to click in the letter and tell them the problem. I did that last week but still no reply.

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyf View Post
Johnny, try again. It's been brought to the moderators attention and supposedly it's fixed. I've been permanently logged on for years, so my aged memory would not allow me to bring up the particulars of registering, but I think the answer to the question "what's the forum about?" is "ukulele". Post if this works. Moderator would like to know if they've fixed the problem. Great forum btw, so don't give up, it's the AGF, or Mandolin Cafe of ukulele info.
Hi Bunnyf, Please tell the moderators that the problem is not fixed, maybe worse.

I did sign up and they did send me a letter saying so. I clicked on the required link and it took me to the underground and a message there said, I was fully registered, go ahead and sign in. I tried to sign in, however each time I got a message back saying I had the incorrect user name. I then sent the underground a letter, a reply to the recent letter they had sent to me. No answer to date.

Today I tried to sign in using my e-mail address. They rejected me stating that they had no such e-mail address on file. Unbelievable.

I signed up as johnnysmash with monkeyfist as my password. I am on e-mail as [email protected].

If you or anyone else can help, please do so. You may even sign me up and let me know it went through because I am at a loss as to what to do next unless I just forget it.

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Yeah, it is me again. I just figured out the problem and am now signed in with the Underground. Good information for those who do not know is:

To join or use the forum: www.forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php
This link takes you directly to the forums.

The link www.ukuleleunderground.com is for their educational site and you cannot get to the forum or sign in from there as far as I know. Thanks to Mezcalero63 for the clue.

Thank you to all who have given me advice and help. You are great people on a great forum.

johnny smash

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-24-2017, 11:50 PM

Smile

Hello again. I am very happy today. I received my Kala KA BE, Baritone Ukulele today.

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments