The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-06-2001, 02:27 PM

Post Lowden...Oh boy

Played my first Lowden guitar today at my weekly lesson and what a guitar! This guitar was so smooth and loud and was just incredible. I am a loyal Taylor fan, but I might just have to give the old Lowden a go one of these days...
Old 11-10-2001, 05:50 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.
I am a big Lowden fan. Incredible "soulfullness" to the tone of my O25C. Beautifull harmonic content with harp like overtones perfect for the "Celtic" fingerstyle music I like to play. I actually got this guitar as a trade in for a Taylor 814CE. I just can't play the thin Taylor necks, and the Lowden necks are nice and full (but not to full) for me. Whenever friends come over to play they always seem to spend the most time playing my Lowden.

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification