The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-19-2001, 05:40 PM

Post I Hate Leftovers...410MA LOTF

I just found a brand new 410MA Legends of the Fall 2000 that is really speaking to me. It's a full dred cannon, but balanced with the Maple, I absolutely fell in love with it last weekend. And the price...well, it's a nice deal! The problem is my main dealer is getting a 410CE, Nov 2, for about $700 more and I'd probably get first chance to get it. I have a K14, and I know koa is a great sound. I've never heard a '10KCE before. I know I'd need to put a pickup in the 410MA for about $200, so that brings about a $500 difference. All of this depends on whether I sell my 25th 314MCE(to a family member, or MIKEA are you listening?) so the extra $ is an issue to a degree. I think a dred would really work better for the live play, heavy strumming in church. I could put a pickguard and pickup in the K14, but I'm not ready to "risk" the wear and tear. I do know it'll get dinged eventually. All this will be decided in the next couple weeks I suppose...TAS strikes again! Dang!
Old 10-22-2001, 04:17 PM

Hi DMZ,

Good luck in your decision. In my opinion (I'm sure you asked ) you should go for the 410MA. It sure seems like the number of guitars that actually speak to us aren't very high, and I know when I've found them in the past (all of two), I will not let them go. Plus, the maple would be a nice change from the koa. On the other hand, these 410K's sound amazing, and they sure are a great deal. Ah, the joys of TAS.

BTW...If you are serious about selling the 314MCE, let me know.

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: ihs ]
Old 10-22-2001, 05:14 PM

I ran across a leftover 414-MA a few months back that spoke very plainly to me so I bought it. I was actually halfway looking around for a one of the 314-K LOTF when I found the 414-MA. I think ihs is right; if it speaks to you then you should get it. I can't imagine letting my 414-MA go at this point.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:24 PM

Thanks ihs. I put it on ebay with a comfortable reserve today, so I'm serious. My family contact wants it, but can't swing the coin. It's at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...em=1477602274. Probably should have started here on the marketplace, but I get impatient, and ebay has worked well on a couple of other guitars. This 314MCE is such a special instrument in it's sound and incredible action. Email me.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:42 AM

A great day for me. I brought home the LOTF 410MA-no electrics. I called the dealer up yesterday and said, "why don't you just trade me for my 314MCE"...because he moves cutaway models better in his store. I said I'd toss in an inexpensive amp to sweeten the deal(about $79). So he said come in, and we did the deal. Yeah!! I had already negotiated a great price with a Deluxe case (monkey fur-but it is a decent one) instead of the black plastic logo case. I didn't even pay a dime out of pocket. Needless to say, my wife was VERY happy. Just need to a put a pickup in it. Once I got it home, I cleaned it all up with Ken Smith pro formula(it was kinda dusty and handled). That beautiful figured maple popped right out of the satin finish, and the sitka top sparkled. Steel wooled the neck. Put ebony tuner buttons on and adjusted the truss rod. I humidified it overnight and adjusted again this am. Man...what a full sound, I feel like I got my 615 back! The DR rare phospor strings should be here today or Sat. and I'm going to throw a set on to try. Seems to be the rave. I plan to get some gold tuners, abalone/ebony pins(where do you get these?) and maybe an ebony truss rod cover. Tortoise shell would be cool..does anyone make those? Oh well, just cosmetics. I'm gonna play the strings off this guitar! (for His glory) Whoooo-hoooo!!
Old 11-09-2001, 12:25 PM

Abalone/Ebony bridge pins...I got mine from Taylor a couple of weeks ago..just called them up and asked them if they carried them and they said 'Yes, would you like some', and they sent them to me free of charge...another reason why I'm a loyal Taylor fan.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification