The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 PM

Congrats on the lovely build. I have #11 in coco and. Engelmann. I love it. Let's just it's not going ANYWHERE.

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 01-13-2017, 01:17 AM
Charter Member

Thank you for all of the positive comments!! I'm extremely happy with this guitar so far and eagerly looking forward to receiving it sometime next week. I think it will be an awesome instrument!!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:51 AM

Thanks guys. I'm excited to get this one to you Brian. The guitar is sounding and playing wonderfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard View Post
Congrats on the lovely build. I have #11 in coco and. Engelmann. I love it. Let's just it's not going ANYWHERE.
I'm so pleased you're enjoying your guitar! Give me a buzz next time you go to NY on business.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Charter Member

I received the guitar from Julian about 10 days ago when he came to SoCal for the NAMM show. It's an incredible guitar. It has exceeded all my expectations. It looks beautiful in person. Craftsmanship is flawless. The set up and playability is perfect. And she really sings.

I usually don't like to describe the sound of the guitar as I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I'll give it a try. The guitar has a beautiful modern voice. It has a 3-D quality sounding which is hard to describe in words. It is very responsive. The sound is huge, very powerful. It has a quick attack and tremendous dynamic range, with good bass response, strong mid, and sweet full treble. It is VERY SPECIAL.

Julian made the headstock shorter, and I think it is perfect for my taste. The Dazzo pickup really sounds natural. To sum it up, I think I've found my grail guitar!!! I really want to thank Julian for building me such a special guitar and wish him a successful career as a builder which I have no doubt that he will be. Here are a few pictures that I took with my IPhone.

headstock

Front

back

sides

Last edited by bendo7683; 02-02-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendo7683 View Post
Julian made the headstock shorter, and I think it is perfect for my taste.
Perfect for my taste also. Quite a few modern acoustics have headstocks that are IMHO far too elongated in search of some aesthetic differentiation. Form above function. Yours looks balanced and great. I played a Gaffney last year and much prefer the look of yours.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats a NGD: Enjoy!

Cheers,
Steve
Old 02-02-2017, 03:40 AM

The brazilian rosewood looks great! I really like the look of the dark stuff that's shot through with orange swirls or bands.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:03 AM

Congrats it looks lovely and from your description even sounds better....too much fun!!!!

Last edited by TomB'sox; 02-04-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:43 AM
Charter Member

Thank you gentlemen for the nice comments!! I really love the guitar!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop