The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebridgian View Post
Still waiting...... Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!
Did you order it direct from the builder? From what I hear he's running than six weeks. Never tried the X30 but I heard good things.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Yes I did. He says hes had problems with his supplier. Was supposed to have been finished last week but not heard anything. I hope I get it for Christmas
Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 AM

yeah! i've heard from him that he had some problems with the Carbon Fiber supply. i'm sure he is working hard to send you the guitar as soon as possible

you know, one of the biggest problems with carbon fiber industry is that the suppliers only sell the excedents of productions. most of the production is bought buy US army, NASA and boeing. seriously. this is also one of the reasons of the high price (being the other part the high tech processes involved). whenever their biggest customers need more carbon fiber, they put all the rest of the customers on hold without any guilty feelings.

i don't know if this time it was the case, but i know this happens frequently to all the companies that make carbon fiber products
Wes Lambe 8-strings
Avalon dread
...and some old fender, basses, violins, harps...
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 AM

Even with materials available last summer, the wait in que to be built and finished was 6-8 weeks. Almost all his guitars are to order, hand built, and need reasonable time. Mine was built on schedule but a special, non-standard electronic part was not shipped by that supplier even after they were repeatedly emailed to remind them. There was not much Alistair could do so there was a delay also--but too long.

If the CF itself is delayed, it must mean a wait, but no one will want it to come faster than Alistair. No CF means all production is stopped!

If you contact him, Alistair will let you know where things stand. Hope you can get it by Christmas.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:37 AM

Well Alistair has said I will receive the guitar by next Wednesday at the latest, so that's good news. Now, with it being only four days off Christmas day, should I wait and open it on Christmas morning? What do you think? do I have the willpower, or am I just a masochist?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Open instantly!! As a bonus no need for it to acclimate to non Irish weather.

Just put new string on on Christmas.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber