The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Default What's Next????

I was wondering if those in-the-know could share what's coming down the carbon fiber pipeline in terms of new builders, new models, etc....
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 12-06-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 AM

I guess we will see at winter NAMM if there is anything new but I can tell you that I am ready for an all carbon travel guitar the size and shape of the GS Mini and I think it's high time for a carbon guitar with a folding or a detachable neck.

Ashvin, Joe, Alistar, Harvey, do I need to do this on my own.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpman View Post

Ashvin, Joe, Alistar, Harvey, do I need to do this on my own.
Ted, just tell me where and when to invest ...

JD
Rainsong S-OM1100N2
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Well, it's clear that Emerald has some new guitars coming out. Rainsong just released the Shorty, so I cannot imagine them coming out with something new, unless they release another limited addition model (that limited Edition OM is gorgeous, just wish it did not have electronics!). You have to believe that Peavey will have something new in the Composite Acoustics line. The other CF luthiers have been pretty quiet. NAMM will tell all!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM

JD, I don't think I'm ready to quit my day job and start building guitars but it's good to know funding will not be a problem.

Lisa, just an FYI that the LA1-LE is not a Rainsong limited, it is a custom run built specifically for us. We received 15 guitars one of which I kept and we are now down to the last one. I might talk to Ashvin about another small run but it will probably be based on the WS size.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpman View Post
JD, I don't think I'm ready to quit my day job and start building guitars but it's good to know funding will not be a problem.

Lisa, just an FYI that the LA1-LE is not a Rainsong limited, it is a custom run built specifically for us. We received 15 guitars one of which I kept and we are now down to the last one. I might talk to Ashvin about another small run but it will probably be based on the WS size.
Ted,

That is really cool that Rainsong would do a custom run for your store! The red rosette is stunning.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itself View Post
Ted,

That is really cool that Rainsong would do a custom run for your store! The red rosette is stunning.
Not sure if you recall but we also had a LTD in the works with CA before they folded. It was an AGF model OX also with a red rosette. Of course our Rainsong custom was a whole new combination of materials which Ashvin is now using on the Shorty so it was certainly mire exciting for us.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber