The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thumbs up Composite Acoustics does the impossible

FedEX delivered a Composite Acoustic dreadnought to my house today. In tune!

I was about an hour into recording with the guitar when I realized that I hadn't touched the tuning keys at all! Checked the tuning - spot on. New strings, direct from the factory. Now that's something that has NEVER happened to me before. I thought it was impossible. (this guitar is a demo for my store, but I've got an X Performer on order for myself )

I'll post some pics of this guitar later. You've gotta see this killer carbon fiber beast of tone. More on this later. I've gotta go play this thing some more!!!!

JR
Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 PM

That's very impressive!

Write a good review. These guitars are very intriguing.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey JR, tell us more about your store ...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

I saw my first CA at a Guitar Show here in Illinois this weekend. I was tempted to pick it up and try it, but the place was just too large and noisy. I decided I'd wait to try one at a store instead.

Besides, I'll bet if I tried it, I'd want to buy it, and I just couldn't do that after just having bought an R. Taylor and another GS!

In time...

Link to the info on the show this past weekend: http://69.41.173.82/forums/showthread.php?t=107678

Last edited by Forensicguy; 09-10-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Wow. I actually would've thought that was impossible. A combination of the Gotoh tuners and the stability of the Carbon body, probably.

Incidentally, I do want an X quite badly. I'm a big fan of smaller fingerstyle guitars, and with a set of Rohrtech strings you'd really have a fuss-free, go anywhere guitar. Money, as ever, is the only barrier.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy_L_D View Post
That's very impressive!

Write a good review. These guitars are very intriguing.
With Christmas Caroling season approaching I find them particularly intriguing......

Still working on barre chords while wearing mittens

"Let's lute the city", said the minstrels.

Oftentimes the only result I get from a thought experiment is a messed up lab.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Bang for the Buck Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Rogers View Post

I was about an hour into recording with the guitar when I realized that I hadn't touched the tuning keys at all! Checked the tuning - spot on. New strings, direct from the factory. Now that's something that has NEVER happened to me before. I thought it was impossible. (this guitar is a demo for my store, but I've got an X Performer on order for myself )

I'll post some pics of this guitar later. You've gotta see this killer carbon fiber beast of tone. More on this later. I've gotta go play this thing some more!!!!

JR
wow! that's crazy!
i play my guitars everyday and i check the tunings every hour or so. i'd love to bring one of these for traveling. won't worry about airline checking in, humidity, dropping it, just bring along 12 packs of elixirs (double on the G of course) and i'll be set for a year!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 PM

The manager of a local shop here that sells the other well known carbon fiber guitar said that it the norm, not the exception. He still marvels at that, take em' out of the box, wipe em' down, hang them up. That is quite an endorsement for the stability of the materials.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Sometimes I'm shocked at how stable these guitars are. I was at a festival and had laid my CA Legacy in the case while I played dobro for a while. The case was open, and we were out in the mid day sun. When I went to pick up the guitar it was, literally, too hot to touch! The black top had really soaked up the heat, and I was a little worried. I turned the guitar on its side and, out of curiosity, turned on the Fishman tuner. It was in tune. This is nuts. Too hot to hold, but still in tune.
I now cover my guitar to protect it from the sun. Unless I need a place to fry some eggs...

Skip in VT
Old 09-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

JR
Hi, JR
I'm a relative newbie here. I've seen many of the unbelievably gorgeous guitars that you put up for sale from time to time. Where is your store?
thanks,
Neil

P.S. I played a composite Martin at GC last week and it was very impressive.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Charter Member

I played a CA X of some kind at FQMS a few weeks ago. Wonderful sound. I love me some wood, but I also love any great guitar, and this was one.

Worry less about the guitars you want. Play the guitar you have more.
The answer will come, and it will not be what you expect.

A guitar is a tool, and a friend. But it is not the answer.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CD: The Bayleys: From The Inside
CDBaby
Amazon
Also available from iTunes

Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:

JR
it's that carbon fiber magic

my rainsong came the same way

http://www.myspace.com/jasmusicspace
1996 Seagull S12 Plus
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM

I just got a Composite Acoustic X-C.O.T. (the one with the red rosette) and I found the same thing as JR - UPS delivered it completely in tune!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber