The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Default Acoustic Image

Hi,

I am curious if people have ha favorable results with th Acoustic Image amplifiers with acoustic guitars, or as personal PAs?

Tell me everything

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:13 PM

I've got a Contra amp from Acoustic Image and I really like all the features but I wish I could have acquired one with two channels for guitar and vocals.
They are great amps with plenty of volume and with all the features a much better choice than Fishman IMO.
Are looking to buy one?
Yamaha FG800 Sandburst
Old 02-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Default Acoustic Image vs. Schertler

I had the opportunity to play out and compare an Acoustic Image Coda and the (then) newly designed Schertler Jam. The sound of both was very good with the Coda having the slightest edge to my ear - at least in the two places I was able to play them side-by-side.

I found both to have about the same volume, although the Coda had a bit more headroom for heavy strumming (I play fingerstyle, so really not important to me). But both adequately filled a medium-small venue and an outdoor party of ~150 people and sounded great. Honestly, any larger venue is going to have a PA anyway and you can use the DI on either amp to send it and then use the amp as a monitor.

I ended up going with the Schertler Jam for a couple reasons:
  1. The Schertler was half the price of the Acoustic Image and the shop was nice enough to throw in the bag for it
  2. The Schertler comes in an attractive wood finish as well as a tougher anthracite finish (wife actually liked how the wood looked so it sets out most of the time - big bonus)
  3. The Schertler had a more natural sounding reverb. I don't use much, just a bit to add to the natural reverb; always left on for the guitar channel only.
    *If you are looking for more effects on the amp, the Acoustic Image did have a very nice delay
  4. The Schertler has five channels (4 really - one is an effects loop) and while I don't use more than two frequently, it's nice to have extra when a friend sits in with me

Overall, both really great amps but the Schertler won out for me.

Check out my first original!
Facebook
Youtube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification