The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 PM

Speaking of which ^^^, I forgot to thank MartingitDave for his posts of try-outs of various systems. Lotta work! Thank you!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfa View Post
Oooh, that would be so nice. Take the whole band to a shop that's well-stocked. Set up and play through a few different configurations. Have assistance from a well-informed salesperson. Sadly, that ain't gonna happen.
Actually, all you need to do is hook up any playback device to either your amp or a powered speaker and valuate the on- and off-axis sound quality. You don't need to have the band there...and you can't both play and valuate at the same time. You'd have to be in two places at once.

Theory is the post mortem of Music.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:52 PM

Another option might be to go with the next-level processing that the GoRack is based upon. The GoRack should be enough for most situations, but I discovered that one because I already had the DBX Driverack PA units (now discontinued), which include a real-time analyzer. BTW all of their literature talks about how well these work with powered PA speakers, but they work just as well if you have separate power amp & speakers...just patch in between your mixer outputs and power amp inputs.

The newer versions start at around $400.00, and then it's another $99.00 for the proprietary mike for the RTA, but deals come up on used ones...

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query...ck%20PA&page=2

I found mine when they were phasing out the earlier version, so I got a real deal on them (bought two...one for mains, one for monitors) but they work great and have quite a bit more functionality than the GoRack.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass

Last edited by maxtheaxe; 03-23-2017 at 03:25 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification