The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Default BEHRINGER EUROPORT MPA40BT-PRO experience?

i am considering this speaker to have as a battery powered speaker for small situations where i need to be able to sing and play my acoustic 7 string which goes as low as g below guitar e. i also loop the guitar and voice.
i am not expecting a huge sound but would like a decent representation of the bass quality of the guitar as well as good vocal reproduction.
anyone have experience with this?
i have tried many other battery options and most of them sound bad to my ears They most particulary don't sound good on the low notes.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:45 PM

no one?

anyone tried a Behringer with the same 8 inch speaker?
Old 03-17-2017, 04:45 PM

I returned the one I bought. The volume and tone was good, but the one I purchased had a battery failure within the return period. I think it is worth taking a chance. I ended up buying a smallish AGM lead acid battery and a cheap modified sine wave inverter to run my Yamaha DBR10.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 PM

I didn't like the low frequency sound on my Roland Street Cube Ex until I replaced the stock speakers with Jensen Mod8-20-4 speakers as some people online are recommending. Now I like it a lot although It's not really loud enough to keep up with a drummer. It's great right up to that point though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 PM

thank you jonfields and ikingston.
i am hoping and expecting the Behringer to put out a little more pleasing bass than the Samson Expedition i tried.
might wait to see if GC sends me a coupon soon
Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 AM

I have no experience with that model Behringer, but I do have a pair of much larger powered Behringer PA speakers that I've been using for a few years. We've used them literally hundreds of times - once a week for 5 years or so - and they have performed perfectly.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

I own this exact model.'
The sound quality is just OK and I would rate it as just passable.It does hold its charge pretty well however.Bass is OK..I am quite fussy and my main gigging amp is an AER 60 Compact,so I am tainted by that sound quality...

Also has bluetooth so you can stream some music but that function is available at Costco for a lot less.

Try it out-you could always return it if not satisfied.If you are interested mine is available

Gabe

Last edited by guitargabor; 03-20-2017 at 11:23 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification