The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-16-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockguitar2000 View Post
This was a deep room so I wanted the sound to carry over heads. It was a loud rowdy crowd so I don't think it reached all the way to the far side. I'm considering a second one for better dispersion.
Thanks! Good job!

With the speaker behind you was it still hard to hear yourself without the monitor?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canerod View Post
Does the TS212 have a pole socket on top for stacking or is the Trouper just standing unattached on top of the TS212?
No pole attachment. They are surprisingly stable like that. However I did order an attachment so you can mount 2 speakers side by side on a pole, but after playing with different configurations I think I'm going to pole mount the Troupers, and use a set of amp stands to raise the 212's about 18" off the floor, and adjust the stands so the Troupers just fly over the top of those.
Gibson 1963 LG0
Gibson 2013 J45
Gibson 2013 LG2 American Eagle
Martin 1993 D1
And many more......

Tom
Palm Bay, FL
Old 03-17-2017, 03:41 AM

Likely you are hearing the better bottom end coming from the 12's. Better to use a small subwoofer with the Troupers instead of lugging the two extra cabs. Alto makes a nice little 12 inch sub that matches the Troupers. Pole mount one Trouper on the sub and the other on a stand. As for monitors, my acoustic duo uses in ear Crystal clear sound and nothing to carry. The idea behind these compact systems is to reduce the lug of gear after all while keeping a decent sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 Larrivee OM40 WL
2015 Seagull Performer Mini Jumbo Q1T
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Yamaha DBR10 powered speakers
Behringer XR12 digital mixer
M Audio Bass Traveller headamps with Shure IEM's
Old 03-17-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovekings View Post
Likely you are hearing the better bottom end coming from the 12's. Better to use a small subwoofer with the Troupers instead of lugging the two extra cabs. Alto makes a nice little 12 inch sub that matches the Troupers. Pole mount one Trouper on the sub and the other on a stand. As for monitors, my acoustic duo uses in ear Crystal clear sound and nothing to carry. The idea behind these compact systems is to reduce the lug of gear after all while keeping a decent sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at that, however there are venues I play that the Troupers simply will not cover and I needed the larger set of the 212's. I only do solo acoustic, so I do not need a tremendous low end of a sub, but do need the power of the 212's. Also don't need to have any frequencies below 73.4162 Hz (Drop D).
Gibson 1963 LG0
Gibson 2013 J45
Gibson 2013 LG2 American Eagle
Martin 1993 D1
And many more......

Tom
Palm Bay, FL
Old 03-17-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockguitar2000 View Post
This was a deep room so I wanted the sound to carry over heads. It was a loud rowdy crowd so I don't think it reached all the way to the far side. I'm considering a second one for better dispersion.
That will solve your problem.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 12-12-2017, 02:18 PM

Default Feedback?

How are these for feedback resistance? I have a pair of Fender Expos that I am considering replacing, because they throw really, really well -- to the point that they're not very loud in front of them but they'll swamp the bar at the other end of the room. What I'm considering doing is going with a small pair of satellites and a sub (maybe the small EV 12").

Going single-sub-with-two-satellites on the smaller stages means I may be looking at putting the whole rig behind me on the back wall of stage, which, in turn, means I need a certain level of feedback resistance.

BTW, I'll be using it for two vocals, acoustic guitar, bass, and a Beat Buddy drum machine.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Joe
Old 12-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Shouldn't be an issue. We have had the Altos behind us with no issues. You may have to work with it a little.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 12-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Shouldn't be an issue. We have had the Altos behind us with no issues. You may have to work with it a little.
I second this. Even in my practice room with a single Alto at mic height within 5 feet of me I can get a lot of volume with no feedback. As Rokdog notes, we've had them behind us without monitors with no problems.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification