The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-27-2017, 02:57 PM

Default Help with picking pattern on youtube video...

I know quite a few of you guys are good at "playing by ear" and was wondering if you might lend me your ears. I'm trying to figure out the picking pattern at the beginning of the song before she starts strumming. Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5GbDeQvYKU

On another note why can't I embed a youtube video but I can a soundcloud video? I thought you could just hit the youtube button and insert the video between the []Video[] and it work
Old 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful song, looks like her part is fairly simple, trying to hear it is a little challenging, because the other guitarist is fingerpicking a pattern also.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:39 AM

Learn how to play simple banjo rolls and you are half way there.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post
I know quite a few of you guys are good at "playing by ear" and was wondering if you might lend me your ears. I'm trying to figure out the picking pattern at the beginning of the song before she starts strumming. Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5GbDeQvYKU

On another note why can't I embed a youtube video but I can a soundcloud video? I thought you could just hit the youtube button and insert the video between the []Video[] and it work

The intro goes something like this.

Capo at 2nd fret

Code:
    1   &   2   &   3   &   4   &        1   &   2   &   3   &   4   &     
------------------------------------|------------------------------------|-
----------------1---------------1---|----------------1---------------1---|-
----------------------------0-------|------------0---------------0-------|-
------------2-----------2-----------|----2-H-3---------------3-----------|-
----3---------------3---------------|--------------------3---------------|-
------------------------------------|------------------------------------|-

1   &   2   &   3   &   4   &        1   &   2   &   3   &   4   &        1   
------------------------------------|------------------------------------|----0---
--------------------------------1---|--------------------------------1---|----1---
----------------0-----------0-------|----------------0-----------0-------|----0---
------------2-----------2-----------|----0-------0-----------0-----------|----2---
----3---------------3---------------|--------2-----------2---------------|----3---
------------------------------------|------------------------------------|--------

As to the video issue, click the share button on the youtube page, copy the highlighted url and paste it between the youtube tags here.

Playing Guitar - Books, Free Lessons & Practice Resources

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write