The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-02-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
I must just be stupid, because in spite of taking a class and reading a book on the subject, I've never been able to get anything useful out of GarageBand. It's all bells and whistles and neat gimmicks, but actual useful output seems impossible.
Just to clarify there are 2 different versions of GB. The iOS (phone and tablet) version is what I would call gimicky. The OS-X version is more like Logic Pro X Lite if there were such a thing.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
Just to clarify there are 2 different versions of GB. The iOS (phone and tablet) version is what I would call gimicky. The OS-X version is more like Logic Pro X Lite if there were such a thing.
Thanks for the clarification. I tried to use a 2010 OS-X version of GB and couldn't get anything out of it. I tried again with a 2016 iOS version, and it was still like waltzing with a refrigerator. Maybe, a modern OS-X version would be better. It certainly couldn't be any worse.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD