The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-20-2014, 10:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Indian Hill Guitars website update

Hi Everyone,

I just finished the first major re-vamp/update on my website in a few years and would love some feedback! I had a very brief job as a web designer 15 years ago so my coding skills are... quaint, compared to today's standards. So, let me know what you think, if there's anything missing that you'd like to see, or just your general impressions!

indianhillguitars.com

Thanks!

Mike
instagram
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Hi Mike,

I really like the site. I find it very logically laid out and extremely easy to navigate. There are only two thoughts that I had as I went through the pages. One is, in the A/V area I'd like to hear something with some medium strumming. It seems you position the largest guitar as a good instrument for flat-picking, so perhaps something with this. The others, with maybe the Dream Guitars demo as an exception, were a bit subdued for my tastes. I realize you need that there for those (perhaps in the majority here) that are terrific fingerstylists, but it would be enjoyable to hear something a bit more aggressive. The other thought was I'd like to know a base price. This is another area where it is such a personal choice, but for me, it is helpful to know if I am even in the ballpark before I know if I can make that first call to discuss further. I don't want to see the entire menu of pricing, just a starting point.

Other than that, it is clean and easy on the eyes. Will you have some dynamic content going forward that makes it a place to come back to? Or some kind of newsletter to drive additional traffic. I signed on and "Liked" your FB page as well.

Best of luck with the site!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM

I agree with the previous comment on pricing. While base pricing is far better than none I like the menu pricing most luthiers have. You start dreaming away, adding this and adding that.

TK
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 AM

I like it. Its clean and easy on the eyes.

One thing that stood out: as the gallery page loaded all of the images were bouncing around as more images loaded and made the page re-arrange. If you add the height and width attributes to those thumbnail images the loading of the page will be less annoying and more usable.

Great looking guitars btw!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
One is, in the A/V area I'd like to hear something with some medium strumming. It seems you position the largest guitar as a good instrument for flat-picking, so perhaps something with this.
This is great -- just the kind of feedback I'm looking for! I've been meaning to have some of my good flatpicking friends stop by the shop to record a demo; looks like it's time I finally get around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
The other thought was I'd like to know a base price. This is another area where it is such a personal choice, but for me, it is helpful to know if I am even in the ballpark before I know if I can make that first call to discuss further. I don't want to see the entire menu of pricing, just a starting point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoehler1 View Post
I agree with the previous comment on pricing. While base pricing is far better than none I like the menu pricing most luthiers have. You start dreaming away, adding this and adding that.
This is good to know as well -- it's something I've always wavered about but maybe I should give it a try and see what kind of response I get.

Thanks again for the feedback; I really really appreciate it!

Mike
instagram
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Love the new site Mike!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop