The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-20-2016, 06:52 AM

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Fishman Customer Service

A while back my SA220 started behaving badly. The problems started with some simple cracking, popping and hissing noises and escalated to the sound cutting in and out. This would happen with both guitar and mics run thru the front panel, not thru an mp3 run into the aux input on the back panel.

I contacted Fishman via e-mail, described the problem in greater detail and got a very fast response. They diagnosed the likely problem and attached very clear instructions, with good photos, on how to remove the front panel. Shipping and labeling instructions, packing instructions also were included.

I received a follow up email when the package arrived at Fishman. Another email confirming the diagnosis, confirming the cost to repair and time frame to return the fixed unit. When the panel shipped I got an email along with a UPS tracking number. Best of all, this all happened in less than two weeks and the SA220 is back to working as it should.

I did have one quick phone conversation with Fishman and the person on the phone was very professional, courteous and helpful.

So, as the title says, Thumbs up to Fishman. Well done.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 AM

Great to hear! I've had just the opposite experience with Carvin. I contacted them over a week ago about a similar problem on a year old AG300 and all I've got are robot emails with Carvin ads.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

I had the same awesome customer service with Fishman (warranty) and my Artist acoustic amp. I took out the chassis and they sent me a new one with detailed instructions.
Sad to hear that Carvin wasn't as good...
Old 08-20-2016, 03:23 PM

Ive also experienced prompt, professional customer service from Fishman, and slow and amateurish expereince from LR Baggs.
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 08-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Frank is awesome...I've blown the subs in both my loudbox performers as these go thru a lot of shows 150 to 180 a year in heat & humidity and they have shipped me free replacements every time. Fishman makes excellent, musician friendly amps, with great service to back it up.

Glad to hear your experience is the same!
Old 08-20-2016, 04:49 PM

I've had a similar experience with my SA220. I've had mine since the product came out, and never had a problem until recently. I'm close to Andover, so I drove mine down there. They weren't able to fix it while I waited, but they diagnosed the problem, and I went back down and picked it up.

No charge.

I use the SA220, and a Loudbox Performer. I've used better sounding amps, but the customer service offered by Fishman is by far the best. Their products hold up to rigorous use, are easy to use, and the company stands behind them. That's a pretty rare combination in today's business world.

Cheers, Fishman.

Last edited by mikemo6string; 08-20-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-21-2016, 03:38 AM

Default Another Fishman booster

Bought a used Fishman mini. Missing the plastic cap on one side of the cabinet Emailed Fishman and they sent me a new one free of charge. To Canada. Quick professional service and I had bought the amp used. Can't say enough good about these guys !
Old 08-21-2016, 04:57 AM

My Fishman mini went down a while back, the mic jack shorted out. Fishman was great, quick fix, very professional.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Frank is awesome...I've blown the subs in both my loudbox performers as these go thru a lot of shows 150 to 180 a year in heat & humidity and they have shipped me free replacements every time. Fishman makes excellent, musician friendly amps, with great service to back it up.

Glad to hear your experience is the same!
Whats Franks surname Eric?
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 08-21-2016, 09:19 AM

Yep, even great products sometimes need service. If there's a better company at both, I'd like to hear it. Fishman does a great job.

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 08-23-2016, 10:14 PM

I've posted positive thoughts about their service before. I had a similar problem to the OP very recently with my SA220. I was getting popping and even clipping from the mid controls. I received instructions on removing and shipping the panel. I did it; they fixed it; sent it back and it is working fine. Mine was well out of warranty so it cost about $65 all told. Not bad at all.
Prompt and courteous. They could teach a lot of companies about customer service.
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 08-27-2016, 02:14 PM

Talking

....I've mentioned this before.....but it warrants repeating....Fishman gets an A+ from me for customer service....had a hiss sound in my SA220 a while back.....(2 years out of warranty)....they recommended I ship the front panel to them....cost me $10 with insurance....they repaired it, and shipped it back.....ALL FOR FREE.....works like a champ!!.....great customer service is always something to consider when making an expensive purchase...and Fishman delivers....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification