The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM

Cool Where will they listen?

Hi everybody! I'm searching for places i.e. web pages blogs or the like where people go to hear music and listen in. Do any of you find one place better than the others. RK
Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Default Aloha Ricky

Aloha Ricky,

Pandora Radio is among the more useful music sites for listening to acoustic music.

http://www.pandora.com/

Good Luck.

alohachris
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM

I hesitated to respond at first because I'm suspicious about the reasons for asking. I've seen it time and time again: some bot/spammer/etc joins a site like this and, with their first post, asks a "fairly generic yet discussion inspiring" question (like this one). The discussion continues over several pages.

Google picks up the page's activity and the algorithm is designed to think, "Topics with a lot of pages must be a good, clear indicator of quality discussion." They then take whatever is posted in the thread pretty seriously.

A few weeks or months go by and the person edits their signature to include a link. Or maybe they edit their original post. Or maybe they reply. Regardless their goal is to put a link into the thread. What's the link to? Something related to the topic but specifically to their site that they make money from. Future Google searches reference this thread and now the bot/spammer/etc has traffic. The traffic may be unsuspecting forum members who just thought he was "a good guy" and so "the site must be legitimate". They then proceed to get fleeced/lied to/etc.

I'm sure that those of you who run forums/sites know what I'm talking about. I apologize to "Ricky" for being suspicious - it just fits all the patterns I've seen throughout the past several years of participating in forums.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Whigham View Post
I hesitated to respond at first because I'm suspicious about the reasons for asking. I've seen it time and time again: some bot/spammer/etc joins a site like this and, with their first post, asks a "fairly generic yet discussion inspiring" question (like this one). The discussion continues over several pages.

Google picks up the page's activity and the algorithm is designed to think, "Topics with a lot of pages must be a good, clear indicator of quality discussion." They then take whatever is posted in the thread pretty seriously.

A few weeks or months go by and the person edits their signature to include a link. Or maybe they edit their original post. Or maybe they reply. Regardless their goal is to put a link into the thread. What's the link to? Something related to the topic but specifically to their site that they make money from. Future Google searches reference this thread and now the bot/spammer/etc has traffic. The traffic may be unsuspecting forum members who just thought he was "a good guy" and so "the site must be legitimate". They then proceed to get fleeced/lied to/etc.

I'm sure that those of you who run forums/sites know what I'm talking about. I apologize to "Ricky" for being suspicious - it just fits all the patterns I've seen throughout the past several years of participating in forums.
wow, i thought the same thing! thought it was way too generic!!! and, why in record? hmmmm......
hope it isn't.

i gave up on pandora long ago when they cut me off for listening too much! huh? i've heard spotify is ok but i got some sort of malware from it before even being able to try it. soundcloud and reverbnation is where a lot of people are.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD