The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-24-2017, 10:24 PM

Default FS: Martin 1983 D28V Brazilian

This is a Rare one. Up for sale is my martin 1983 D28V. This guitar is the result of a high quality Brazilian that was obtained by martin back in the early 80's. It has a Sitka spruce top with very rare straight grained Brazilian rosewood back and side woods. It has the V neck with 1 11/16th nut width.The guitar plays very well and sounds AWESOME with tons of volume. It is in overall outstanding shape. The top, back, and side woods are in excellent shape with no dents of cracks. Mild scratches from normal use on the back. I had it checked by acoustic vibes music. A thorough inspection did find a small crack in one of the braces that was not a full thickness crack. It was repaired expertly. The saddle has been replaced with bone and it has very good action and plays silky smooth.It comes with the original Martin case. I will price it to sell as I am narrowing down to one guitar folks. 5000.00 shipped

Here is a write up on the model by folkway music on one they had for sale.I did not purchase my guitar from them but it was a good write up for what its worth.

[I]Martin's first Vintage Series instruments were built in 1983, shortly after the company acquired a shipment of high-quality Brazilian rosewood -- something that just hadn't happened much since the late 1960's. Brazilian Rosewood wasn't CITES listed until 1992, some 10 years after this guitar was built. With Mike Longworth's involvement in the project, these first Vintage Series instruments were the closest Martin had yet come to recreating their instruments of the mid 1930's. They are extraordinarily fine sounding instruments, and shockingly different than what the company was building on their 'standard' line.

The Martin D-28V offered here features a breath taking, exquisite set of Brazilian rosewood. It's quarter-sawn and straight, with deep hues of reds and browns, and shows an enticing hint of spider-web figure alongbothsides. It really is just stunning wood; and unfortunately, the kind of stuff that's just not available any longer.

Sitka spruce top with forward-positioned scalloped braces and a small maple bridge plate; herringbone trim, ivoroid binding and heel cap, zigzag back strip, and finished-over tortoiseshell celluloid pickguard. The modified V-shaped neck features an ebony fingerboard fitted with slotted diamond inlays, a slightly more squared-off headstock shape than was the norm in 1983, and non-adjustable neck reinforcement. Vintage Series paper label visible through the soundhole with both C.F. Martin III and C.F. Martin IV signatures, along with the Martin Guitars' 150th anniversary stamp on the back's center strip.

The D-28V was a special guitar, and made in very limited numbers. Martin records show a production of only 25 instruments.

A loud, even, responsive, and balanced Brazilian Martin D-28, this guitar has had some 35 years to open up into a very fine guitar. Its tone borrows heavily from the 1950's, but with the added openness and bass string response imparted by its scalloped bracing. An exceptional flatpicker, and a perfectly amazing guitar.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Sir, I sent you a private email and am very interested in this model!
Burr
Old 06-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Lovely guitar! Best of luck with your sale!

- Glenn
Old 06-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Among nicest Brazilian I've seen on a modern Martin, including Authentic series up to and including D-45A...
Old 06-27-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncogene1 View Post
I will price it to sell as I am narrowing down to one guitar folks.
It's probably none of our business, but if you're selling this gem what is the "one guitar" you're keeping? Must be something really special.

Alvarez Yairi 5065
Fender 50th Anniv MIJ Telecaster
Old 09-07-2017, 12:12 PM

I assume this guitar sold ??
Old 09-14-2017, 12:48 AM

Default Martin D-28V 1983

Can't access pics. Plaese pm me asap. Very interested.
Thanks
Rich
Old 09-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
Can't access pics. Plaese pm me asap. Very interested.
Thanks
Rich
All, I know for a fact that this guitar sold back in June. I bought his other dread at the time. Almost made a package deal on this, but it sold.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars