The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 AM

Default New to this forum

Long winded intro.

I just came across this forum and liked it instantly. I'm a novice guitar player, been playing regularly for about 3 years and off and on (mostly off) for a few more. My instrument is a Takamine GS330s. I don't think I can add much to this forum other than to ask questions that others may benefit from. I play my own music, I don't know any others. I don't know the name of the chords I play, I picked up a chord book that showed finger placement and learned a few and went from there. I get a mental block when I try to play others music, I can't remember the tune. I've excepted my limitations and none the less enjoy the heck out of playing.

I've been playing around with home recording using my PC with Audacity and an AT2020 USB mic. I have an older version of Fruity Loops but haven't taken the time to master it.

For strings I usually buy Martin Marque Mediums. I wouldn't mind suggestions on other brands that are worth trying for better tone and feel.

I don't have electronics on my guitar but have toyed with the idea of adding a pickup and buying an acoustic amp for playing at home. Sometime down the line I'll be asking for advice.

Been using the search tool and have found lots of help already.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hello Irish and welcome to the AGF.
It's a great place to learn, share and connect with some downright good people.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 AM

Welcome Irish Pendant. Don't think you can't add, I think our entire community is based on love of guitar/music and curiosity so ask away! Would love to hear your music sometime once you master your recording gear. That stuff is beyond me so good luck!

Burner MS #0013
Taylor 414rce
Taylor 716ce-ltd
Cordoba 75r
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 AM

Welcome to the forum, Irish.

The great thing about this forum is that you can take ant you want from it. If you mainly interesred in getting information of recording and electronics, there is a subforum for you. If you have questions about chords and such, head on over to the Play forum. Great information is available wherever you look. I'm also a beginner (about ten months ) and I find all of the subforums helpful and interesting.

2000 Seagull S6+CW cedar
Fender CD-140SCE
More to come....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion