The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 AM

Default Does Anyone have ...

... a short scale on a GA or x14? I was thinking/hoping someone on this forum must and that I could get their take on how it is working for them ... thanks.

For some very simple demos of original music: https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon

-- Play on!!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
... a short scale on a GA or x14? I was thinking/hoping someone on this forum must and that I could get their take on how it is working for them ... thanks.
If you're talking about tone or volume, Jim at Guitar Rodeo swears it makes no difference at all. He's sure had his share of them run through his shop.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny1948golf View Post
If you're talking about tone or volume, Jim at Guitar Rodeo swears it makes no difference at all. He's sure had his share of them run through his shop.

That is good to know ... doesn't look like too many folks here have x14s or GAx's with short scale but I'm thinking it should work well ...

For some very simple demos of original music: https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon

-- Play on!!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 AM

I think Groni had one and it didn't work out for him for some reason. Or he may have just been asking the same question. I could be mistaken though.
05 Larrivee D-03R K&k mini (rosewood/spruce)
Seagull ERMJ beater(cherry/cedar)
86 USA Peavey Falcon
04 USA Fender Tele 4-way DiMarzio Twang Kings
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 AM

Got a custom GA with short scale and I absolutely love it...ease of play like my 412...but with more volume like my 312. For me it works...as in all things ymmv.

“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach View Post
Got a custom GA with short scale and I absolutely love it...ease of play like my 412...but with more volume like my 312. For me it works...as in all things ymmv.
... this is exactly what I am looking/hoping for ... ease of play like my GC8 but with more volume and versatility ...

Thanks for the feedback

-- Play on!!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
my 410ce is short scale. I think it would be the same ratio for x14s. The neck is a little shorter, but for playing chords/rhythm its way better. You can make stretches on a short scale you couldn't on a regular acoustic. I just keep some extra lights on mine, in case I ever need to bend a note...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion