The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Default The i-Tab...How has no one thought of this before?

http://gizmodo.com/5481337/i+tab-off...f-huge-geekdom

What does everyone think of this? That price is a little steep...I wonder if the individual songs will cost more, or if they are included with the purchase.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

If a player was going to use this during a performance, it would look pretty bad. If a player was going to use this for practice, it would be kind of expensive compared to a piece of paper and a music stand. You would need some kind of wireless foot switch to advance the text as you move through the song.

Regardless, this would not appeal to me -- I doubt that I'd be able to read it and I'd just get a stiff neck.

Who knows though? It might appeal to others... Thanks for letting us know about this.

- Glenn
Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
If a player was going to use this during a performance, it would look pretty bad. If a player was going to use this for practice, it would be kind of expensive compared to a piece of paper and a music stand. You would need some kind of wireless foot switch to advance the text as you move through the song.

Regardless, this would not appeal to me -- I doubt that I'd be able to read it and I'd just get a stiff neck.

Who knows though? It might appeal to others... Thanks for letting us know about this.

- Glenn
+1 on this!!

Taylor HR-14 Hot Rod NAMM Limited Edition "Hot Rod" (Aniversary Present from my Wife)

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...letrap-photos/
Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 PM

I'd much prefer a larger screen on a stand in front of me. Obviously, it wouldn't work for all gigs, but for some things it would be great. I'm sure someone will do an app for the iPad.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM

I could see this having some limited uses. It'd be easier to travel with this thing rather than a binder full of sheet music, etc, for one.

I'm also not partial to printing out stuff altogether though.

I don't know how easy it would be to read at the end of your headstock though.

I dunno, it seems cool enough. I've never really found a music stand that actually holds open a chord book well and yet still lets you flip pages easily.

The ability to play backing tracks through headphones is also a plus over regular sheet music.

Some of the comments mention the fact that you could just look up stuff on Ultimate-Guitar.com, but that isn't a very portable solution if you want to be able to play between rooms of the house, etc. Most laptops still aren't as portable as this would be in this situation.

We'll see I guess.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post

- Glenn
I saw this about a year ago. I'm with Glenn on this one. Besides the fact that it's expensive, it isn't for me either.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:03 PM

It'll be curtains just as soon as it's a £3.99 app for the iPhone...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion