The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 AM

Default Carlo Greco for Martin repair work

Has anyone used Carlo Greco in NYC for Martin warranty work? Martin has the shop listed on thier site for authorized repair work.I live in NNJ about 15 miles from NYC and about 100 miles to the Martin factory.In the past I have taken the ride to Martin with my D28 but with the price of gas I'm thinking twice about it.The guitar that needs work is a 000CXE,the martin headstock logo came off and I notice some bowing in the top between the saddle and the bottom of the guitar which believe is effecting the action.I have a Larrivee and a Martin D28 and actually like the sound of the 000CXE.I installed a bone saddle and put on D'Addario EJ16 strings which I think brightened and added to the sound.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Carlo Greco is a well known luthier who played an important part in the early years of Guild Guitars. If you google his name, you will find more info.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion