The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-12-2017, 04:59 AM

Default Yamaha CG142S

Has anyone had any experience with the Yamaha CG142S. Solid spruce top, laminate back and sides. Incredible pricing at less than $300. Beginner - intermediate with nice tone and playability from what I have heard. I'm thinking of buying this guitar as I am just staring to play classical pieces. I have played steel string and finger style for more than 50 years and want a simple straight forward classical. A "grab and go" guitar. Also I am older now and need a smaller bodied guitar that is easier on the left hand as well so I can play and practice more without stressing out the right shoulder and left hand. I am starting to sit with the guitar on the left leg which reduces stress but is hard to get used to with the larger bodied steel string guitars that I have. What do you think of this guitar?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical