The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Default What's your signal path between a K&K and AER compact?

I'm experimenting with some new gear and so far, my path is:

K&K - Redeye - AER

I prefer going from the Redeye (a dee-eye actually) to the AER via xlr direct out, not using the send output via a jack. It sounds more clear, less muddy to me. I'm quite satisfied but I think some frequencies are not yet correctly tamed. I am wondering if to add some EQ or maybe try a Bodyrez, as it incorporates an anti-feedback function. I also tried a BBE sonic stomp which I have in my gear, but I did not like it enough to keep it.

If you play a K&K equipped guitar into an AER compact 60, what your signal path look like?
Old 01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Flammang LGC with K&K direct to Compact 60, that's it. I've tried a bunch of stuff in between, but never made enough of an improvement (or any real improvement) to warrant the extra expense or complexity. Obviously others feel differently.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:35 PM

A K&K xlr pre-amp between my guitars and my AER 60 works flawless. With some of my brighter sounding Taylors I used an AER coulorizer in stead. Nothing in between works okay, but I find the extra EQ settings on my preamps a great benifit.

My lyrics and music on Youtube
Old 01-13-2017, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Yes, depends on the guitar too. I also have a Cargo with a JJB (currently for sale in the classifieds) which benefits from my Joyo 6 band eq pedal between it and my Compact 60 to sound its best. Awesome result once it's dialed in though. The Flammang with the K&K just didn't require anything more than the Compact 60's onboard EQ.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification