The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-06-2002, 06:39 PM

Default Pat Kirtley

For all you "near Charlotte" folks, Pat Kirtley will be doing his clinic tomorrow night at the Shelby Music Center, Shelby, North Carolina. It should be an intimate show. If you're interested in going, give them a call at 704-487-7404 to check on time and seat availability.

When Doyle performed there back in the spring, it was standing room only. Just thought a few of you might want to know. See you there.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Pat's clinic is VERY educational and lots of fun. He's a nice guy.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-07-2002, 05:39 AM

If any Taylorstocker's go, be sure to wear one of your TS shirts! He really gets a kick out of us here at the TGF!

-Mike A.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:34 AM

If you haven't already. buy his Rural Life CD. Great showcase of both his talent and what can be done with Taylor guitars.

BTW, Mike A., you have mail.

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!

Last edited by Guitar Dad; 11-07-2002 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:36 PM

For you folks that have never met Pat or heard him play live, be warned! Listening to him play may result in an excessive feeling of humbleness of your own playing ;-)

I had been working on my own arrangement of Ready For The Times To Get Better several months back. In August of this year I watched Pat on stage do his version of it. Needless to say, I've abandoned my attempt and am trying to figure out how the wizard did it. Oh, I still do my version just so I can say its mine, but Pat's is far superior. One gifted dude, he is.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:47 AM

I did buy Rural Life at the clinic. In fact, since that's the song on the Taylorstock video/DVD, I'm trying to learn it. I've got a few key sections already figured out. All that's left is picking patterns, the hard part(for me).

Guitar Dad, try it again, I don't think I got it.

-Mike A.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike A.
I did buy Rural Life at the clinic. In fact, since that's the song on the Taylorstock video/DVD, I'm trying to learn it. I've got a few key sections already figured out. All that's left is picking patterns, the hard part(for me).

Guitar Dad, try it again, I don't think I got it.

-Mike A.
Eek! It was a classic missive...destined to be amongst the great works of literature....ok, I'll resend it...

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification