The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-04-2002, 01:14 PM

Default Output splitter?

O.K. here is my problem. I play guitar / keyboard at church and I can't hear my instrument with all the other ambient noise on the platform (the electic guitar player calls it 'music' ). I think it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get the monitors correct for me to hear what I am doing.

What I am wondering is this. Is there a way to split the cord coming out of my guitar and have one side go to the sound board and the other side go to an ear bud I can put in one ear?

I am not really up on what sort of gizmos are out there but figured someone on the board here would know.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 11-07-2002, 09:23 PM

You'd have to go to a small preamp first, I'm sure Rolls makes something affordable, and that would go to your ears. Depending on the board, they should be able to have only your channel going to the monitor.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:12 PM

My band either plays in 1 of 2 ways.

1) we play through the PA system. Our soundboard has monitor out lines. We run a small amp to each one of us for a monitor and we can usually make it as loud as we want, within reason.

2) We use our big amps instead of the PA system. My amp (Crate CA-60D) has a line out, that I will run to a small 15 watt amp I have that serves as my monitor.

I hate playing where all I can hear is the drums. I stand in front of the drums usually, and even though he has his plexiglass shield up they are still so loud. I can actually just turn up my monitor and he doesnt hear it but i can hear what I am playing. Once I actually hooked up headphones from my monitor just so I could hear myself.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:57 PM
.tom the übergeek

The Peavey KB/A 50 has:

- a 3 channel mixer (one mic/line, two line)
- eq on each channel
- a DI XLR on back
- a Headphone out
- a biamped coax 10" speaker.

My wife uses one at church for keys and i have played my 810 though it. NICE. Actually have played my AB-3 through it too come to think of it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification