The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 AM

Default New Guy Introduction

Greetings!

Im glad I found this forum, there seems to be a lot of good knowledge floating around on here!

A little about myself, I played bass for about 7 years (ages 14-21 or so) and put it down due to getting married young and finishing college. Now that ive graduated college and im home a lot due to a new addition to the family, ive decided that I need to pick an instrument back up. My dad has played for many many years, so I stole one of his old Yamahas a couple weeks ago when we went over there for dinner.

I decided the other day that the Yamaha didnt feel very comfortable, so I did some reading on different neck sizes, etc. Went to guitar center and came home with a new Ibanez! The guy helping me told me to just start picking up guitars and see which one felt the best. This one felt amazing in my hands, and since it was in the right price range (and I love the finish) I decided to buy myself a nice graduation gift.

So now the Yamaha is going to my sister, and her and I are starting lessons together tomorrow.

Anyways, just thought I would introduce myself so I wasnt strictly a lurker.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Welcome to AGF! Lots of nice folks on here that will always be happy to share their expertise. Good luck with your new guitar
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

Welcome aboard!! The best of success and fun to you with your guitar lessons and if you have any questions we're all here to help you along.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Thumbs up Howdy

Hello Belmont! This is a great place for all things music. J.P.D.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion