The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM

Default Matrix Infinity question

I recently installed a Matrix Infinity in a 12 fret dread having heard one in a friend's D 28. The install went well. Tone is good, string balance is good, mostly (high e could be a bit hotter). I had the saddle slot trued by a tech and a new saddle made. The slot and saddle bottom are perfectly flat and the transducer is centered in the slot and extends a bit outside both E strings.

I had occasion to compare my guitar to the D 28 and his is louder. We tried the volume and tone settigs in various postions on each guitar, used the same channel and settings on the mixer, even the same cable. Just muted and switched guitars. Acoustically my Santa Cruz is louder than his D 28 but the output is definitely louder on the D 28. Am I missing somethng? saddle fit seems to be correct and the switch on the side of the control module is set the same for both guitars-towards the soundhole.

Thanks
Harmon
Old 06-26-2011, 01:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

Maybe your saddle is too snug, and isn't quite seated all the way in the slot?
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification