The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Default custom Martin OM leads me to Zeno(fingerstyle)

(please folks, keep this geared towards a special Martin guitar, excellent fingerstyle music, and information regarding practice and performance.Hopefully you will find some useful things to inject into your practice and you might find a tune you enjoy to play)

I was browsing around in the wee hours or morning for a particular version of a particular tune-after a few duds, I found this one by Zeno. Simply beautiful and amazing, then I found another and another, by the same young man. Of course, the OM his was playing immediately had my attention-could not for the life of me figure out what Martin model it was.

So today with 100% of rain all day and into the evening, and being on-call for my job all weekend(not called much-yea!!), a pot of tea, some good homemade vegetable soup, a Taylor 812, and a heavy dose of Zeno. Can't get much better than this.

Hope you enjoy this amazing young man. I'll include his website(there's a lot of info there for his equipment/pickups/mics, practice tips. Lots of stuff all over his website. I pulled him up on my Roku and it played for 2 hours nonstop of awesome fingerstyle, while I cleaned house and took care of the animals.

I ordered 3 of his tab lessons on the following 3 songs. Oh, that Martin. Well, he mentioned it was a custom OM based on the OMJM, but I can't find any other info-he mentions a story of how he acquired it but I can't find it-i'll keep digging and maybe find it and add it here-if I don't find it in a day or so, i'll contact him and invite him to join the worlds largest acoustic guitar forum that rocks!

enjoy a custom Martin OM and Zeno, the man that brings it to life

here is a link to the equipment he uses, I find his videos very clear and excellent visual content-this might help some of you out there wanting to start up or improve what you already use:
https://www.zenoguitar.com/zeno-recommends/
(keep in mind the above link will reference his website. check out his blog for a lot, A LOT, of practice tips and info. this is not meant to be a listing promoting his goods or things to sell-simply a cool place with a lot of free things for you to check into and maybe put to use.)

enjoy the music-I sure have

the song I was hunting for-I love this arrangement

that Martin sounds great! I think he just mics it-no pickup

Last edited by darylcrisp; 04-23-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

He's a beautiful composer and player. He plays with conviction. Where he draws inspiration is his business.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-28 View Post
This is a bit awkward. Your post would be much better if this was eliminated. I believe most people here on the AGF are a little more open minded than you give them credit for. Just my opinion.

.........Mike

Mike, you wouldn't believe what the moderators wade thru-daily. And true, most here are open-minded, but all it takes is one to send a thread in a downward spiral. I made the opening less awkward.

So, what'da think of that Martin! (he has the skill definitely, but man that's an extremely nice sounding guitar)

thanks as always(I enjoy your posts)
d

Last edited by darylcrisp; 04-23-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Charter Member

I was bit surprised when I opened this thread. Was listening to him on YouTube for first time just yesterday and was very curious about his guitar. I even messaged him asking what model. Sounds very nice!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:50 PM

Nice Martin. And I don't give a crap what brand of music he plays.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Great skill I wish I could play like that.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Music soothes the soul!

I know where Zeno's heart is! Nice arrangements, playing and wonderful OM.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Never heard of Zeno before...thanks for sharing! Beautifully done...

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
Simply beautiful and amazing, then I found another and another, by the same young man. Of course, the OM his was playing immediately had my attention-could not for the life of me figure out what Martin model it was.
Did you ever find out what the Martin he plays is? I'm guessing 00018? I stumbled upon his arrangements too, they are done so well!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:18 AM

Love the arrangements as I like the songs I play to have a recognizable melody. However I dont like guitars with bound fingerboards and I dont like Martin white binding. But I agree it sounds great. What intrigues me is what mike he uses and other interfaces?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion