The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-16-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
My wife and I took our youngest to D.C. over the weekend so I missed the Pens games on Friday and was in such withdrawal that I watched the Caps/Leafs game in my hotel room just 2 blocks away. I only made it the opening of the 2nd OT.

Now I'm home watching Pens struggle against CBJ and are down 1-3 at end of the 1st.
I hope you didn't turn the game off Neil! Pens have come back to tie the game at 3-3 at the end of the 2nd on a pair of goals by Brian Rust!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-16-2017, 06:28 PM

Bruins!
Yeehaaa
Old 04-16-2017, 06:56 PM

Pens and Jackets tied 4-4 at the end of regulation. Great game!! To OT we go.

BTW kudos to the Pens Nick Bonino and the Jackets Zach Werenski for their warrior-like fortitude. Both hit in the face with the puck on shots. Both returned to the game!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-16-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
I hope you didn't turn the game off Neil! Pens have come back to tie the game at 3-3 at the end of the 2nd on a pair of goals by Brian Rust!
I surely did NOT!!!

Guensel gets the feed from Sid behind the net to get the hat trick and the 3-0 series lead!!!! This after Fleury made a save from his skull!

Wow!
Old 04-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

Stressful OT win !

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 04-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I surely did NOT!!!

Guensel gets the feed from Sid behind the net to get the hat trick and the 3-0 series lead!!!! This after Fleury made a save from his skull!

Wow!
Wow and how! Great game! Both teams were terrific! Fleury's noggin save was a game saver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Stressful OT win !
I was on the edge of my seat for all of the OT. Stressful? Well let's just say I better double up on my blood pressure med tonight.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-17-2017, 07:01 AM

I was at the Sox game on Saturday, they had the B's up on the scoreboard. It's of course not electronic, between innings a guy would come out update it, so very painful to watch. When it went to OT I finally caved and broke out my cellphone, but it was already over.

Not looking good, already down 3 defensemen, they lose McQuaid. He's no great shakes, but at this point they can't afford to lose anyone else. Not sure what is going on with Krejci.

Adding insult to injury, I did see that last 5 minutes of regulation in game 2 of the Rangers/Canadians. So close. I like Claude, but am genetically wired to hate everything about the Montreal Canadians.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I surely did NOT!!!

Wow!
Sid's work behind the net on that play was really something to behold. His stopping, starting, and turning left the Jackets' defenseman in the dust. I loved Mike Lang's call the other night when Sid was doing something very similar: "Crosby behind the net making more stops than an ice cream truck!" Classic Mike Lang!! I'd never heard that one before.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Sid's work behind the net on that play was really something to behold. His stopping, starting, and turning left the Jackets' defenseman in the dust. I loved Mike Lang's call the other night when Sid was doing something very similar: "Crosby behind the net making more stops than an ice cream truck!" Classic Mike Lang!! I'd never heard that one before.
Hehe - yeah, Mike probably forgot that one and had it out of the rotation!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:09 AM

I had forgotten about the Pittsburgh announcer. Last year, after missing the playoffs again, our local Sports Talk radio in Boston was left with playing some bits from him on a regular basis during the playoffs, in between the Claude/Sweeney/Neely bashing. That gus is awesome!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
I was at the Sox game on Saturday, they had the B's up on the scoreboard. It's of course not electronic, between innings a guy would come out update it, so very painful to watch. When it went to OT I finally caved and broke out my cellphone, but it was already over.

Not looking good, already down 3 defensemen, they lose McQuaid. He's no great shakes, but at this point they can't afford to lose anyone else. Not sure what is going on with Krejci.

Adding insult to injury, I did see that last 5 minutes of regulation in game 2 of the Rangers/Canadians. So close. I like Claude, but am genetically wired to hate everything about the Montreal Canadians.
I was in DC and had to suffer the Caps and Gnats on the TV in the hotel room. The hotel charged extra for wifi and there was no Xfinity hotspot around so I couldn't even listen to Lang on my iPhone through the Pens app. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Pirates swept the Cubs though.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
I had forgotten about the Pittsburgh announcer. Last year, after missing the playoffs again, our local Sports Talk radio in Boston was left with playing some bits from him on a regular basis during the playoffs, in between the Claude/Sweeney/Neely bashing. That guy is awesome!
Mike Lange really is a treasure. He does the Pens radio broadcasts so the wife and I sync up our TV feed (sound muted) with the internet radio broadcast and listen to Mike do play by play for each game. He's been doing Pens broadcasts since 1974 and I've been listening to him from the beginning.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Capitals 1 - 1 Maple Syrup

I see the Capitals going up 3 - 1 and then collapse.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post
Capitals 1 - 1 Maple Syrup

I see the Capitals going up 3 - 1 and then collapse.
Well that scenario is now kaput. Leafs win game 3 in OT 4-3 and take a 2-1 series lead.

I suspect the Caps are feeling a little pressure right now.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-17-2017, 08:39 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Yay Leafs (my old team)!
Double yay Sens (my hometown fav team)!

Wow, except for Calgary, Canadian teams are doing great so far in the playoffs!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic