The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-15-2017, 06:37 AM

Default Revelation mic continues to impress....

Well I took my sample recording of the Revelation mic, burned it to cd, and compared it to the original recording made by Stephen Stills long ago and found in his "Carry On " box set. All of a sudden I knew what muffled sounded like. I knew what bright, open, and airy sounds like now. All of a sudden all these terms that people throw around, made sense. Stephen's recording sounded subdued. It was professionally recorded but very mellow after comparing side by side with the Revelation mic. The Revelation recording sounded bright, open, and airy. Those are the only terms I could think of when trying to describe the sound. Stephen's recording sounded really good, but the Revelation, sounded much better to my ears. Of all my mics, Stephen's recording sound more like the Neumann TLM 102's that I have. They also have that mellow sound that Stephen's mic has.

This test proved the point that you need different mics in your locker to get different sounds.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD