The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-19-2017, 08:44 AM

Default NGD: Eastman AC822CE-FF Fanned Fret

Short Story
After having more than two years of GAS for this particular guitar i finally acquired one for major bargain on the second hand market! Condition is create: only a few imperfections/dents in the finish and practically no fret wear. It plays amazing, sounds amazing (especially for the price) and the fanned fret has both the wow as the comfort factor. Today is a very good day

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/other...et-ac822ce-ff/

Long story
Im "traveling" quite a bit to see modern fingerstyle guitar players perform Unfortunately, this is not very popular in the Netherlands so i need to go to Belgium, Germany or England to see them play. Mostly, I go with my dad: a true father son common interest thingy. So, more than two years ago, I went to the 2015 Acoustic Guitar Show in London so see some nice players (Luca Stricagnoli, John Gomm and Antoine Dufour) and check out the guitars that were on display there. Owning a Eastman guitar already, i was naturally drawn to their booth and saw the fan fret guitar, which i only knew from the amazing guitar players that play 10K+ custom guitars. After speaking to the guy at the stand (a rep from Eastman Europe which turned out to be a dutch guy) he arranged a spot for me off the expo floor to check out this Eastman flagship guitar in peace and quiet: instant GAS. Only downside: the price, 2250 euro's (roughly 2400 dollars). Being a student at that time, i didn't had both the money and the room to have an extra guitar, but defiantly the desire for a real upgrade after playing my old Eastman for some years.

Fast forward a bit in time: i landed a nice job and moved to a new place with my girlfriend (including a dedicated guitar room!). In the meantime, i placed a lot of nice guitars, but they couldn't match the sound I liked from the Eastman. So, last week, i started googling around again to see if there was a store in the Netherlands selling this 822CE-FF guitar. A few calls later and a lot of no's from stores that just listed the guitar but did not had any stock (and problems getting it...) I found a little store that sold it second hand. The add was clear: good guitar, near perfect condition. So I went to the store, tried it, and knew within 5 minutes that this was the one i wanted. Not only because of the good sound and quality, but also because of the price: 1275 euros, clearly this man did not knew the true value of this instrument! So after playing for an hour straight I happily drew my plastic, paid and drove back home. At home, i cleaned it, put on some fresh strings, and i was even more happy. Again, today is a very good day

And now, picture time!

2010: Eastman AC320
2014: Alvarez ABT60
2017: Eastman AC822CE-FF Fanned Fret
Old 02-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Gorgeous guitar, congrats! I didn't know they made a fan fret, and have never played one. I would like to get my hands on that one for an hour or two.

Also, I just bought an Eastman E10P SB a few weeks ago. An amazing little guitar, considering what I paid for it.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new Eastman guitar. The fan fret is very unique, and the guitar looks great. I'd like the opportunity to play one, as well. Wishing you much happiness playing it.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:22 AM

Nice looking Eastman guitar, enjoy in good health
Old 02-19-2017, 11:00 AM

Very nice guitar. I'm sure you willl enjoy it.
Eastman Fan that I am.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 02-19-2017, 11:14 AM

Nice guitar! I've seen those before but didn't know they had a sound port, unless that was added by the original owner. I'd say you got a great deal!
Old 02-19-2017, 01:10 PM

Sweet guitar. Enjoy!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 02-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Great looking guitar.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwood View Post
Nice guitar! I've seen those before but didn't know they had a sound port, unless that was added by the original owner. I'd say you got a great deal!
Its standard, quiet a nice feature

2010: Eastman AC320
2014: Alvarez ABT60
2017: Eastman AC822CE-FF Fanned Fret
Old 04-24-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -unknown View Post
Its standard, quiet a nice feature
I got so used to the soundport that I can not longer imagine to play a guitar without a soundport. Ich really love my Eastman twins.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Beauty! Play it in good health.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion