The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Default NGD Rainsong H-OM1000N2

I just picked up my Rainsong H-OM1000N2 that I ordered from Guitar Center here in Columbia, SC. I picked it up during lunch hour so I haven't had much time to play it but so far I think it's spectacular. Not sure what it weighs, but it's the lightest guitar I own. Beautiful finish, sounds light, maybe similar to my Taylor. I love the built in tuner. It definitely will be my go to guitar for lessons or playing outside the home. I can't believe more of these aren't being bought instead of "beater" guitars.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

Congrats! Regarding why more people don't buy these instead of a beater: I'm sure $$ has a lot to do with that. It seems that most people who get a carbon fiber guitar have had (still have) nice wood guitars. I've never really bought a guitar with the thought that it would be a "beater," but I have owned guitars that were able to take a lot of use and travel. Carbon fiber just seems to do that duty better AND have a unique sound.

Enjoy!

Jim
Old 06-10-2015, 10:25 PM

pics or it didn't happen
Old 06-11-2015, 05:54 AM

I still haven't had much time to play the guitar. I went to the group bass lesson at Guitar Center last night but today I take it to my guitar lesson so I'm excited to see what my instructor says. I'll try to take some pics this weekend. I usually have trouble uploading pics to this site for some reason.

I think I'm going to love this guitar though.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 PM

Congrats Frances, sounds like you picked the right one.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:20 AM

It's amazing but my instructor at Guitar Center (GC) loved this guitar when I brought it in for practice yesterday. He said he wants one. One of the managers there said he had only sold one other Rainsong and it was to a guy who was leaving Pennsylvania to go work on the Alaska pipeline. Anyway, my guitar caused quite a sensation in GC yesterday. I'm just amazed that there aren't more of these being sold.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:52 AM

If more stores stocked them, they would be more popular. But Rainsong's are relatively unknown, and a fairly pricey risk for a store to stock on speculation. I happen to jam with a small group here in Boise, and having tried out my WS-1000, two other guys have found used ones. We often have 3 out of 6-7 guitars in a jam circle that are Rainsong.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:52 AM

Congrats on the new guitar, I really like my Shorty...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber