The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-29-2017, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the pics, Rodger! I'm glad you got that dread this year. It should compliment the one you bought previously rather well. I played it Saturday morning and really enjoyed its tone. It has a lot of presence and deep deep bass. It's a great singalong guitar.

I was really impressed with Ross's new guitar as well. I love the tone of Carpathian and that guitar has a double top of Carpathian and Italian spruce. He let me play it for a bit and it's got a sweet tone well suited for fingerstyle. I approve of the burst on the top as well.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Thanks for the pics, Rodger! I'm glad you got that dread this year. It should compliment the one you bought previously rather well. I played it Saturday morning and really enjoyed its tone. It has a lot of presence and deep deep bass. It's a great singalong guitar.

I was really impressed with Ross's new guitar as well. I love the tone of Carpathian and that guitar has a double top of Carpathian and Italian spruce. He let me play it for a bit and it's got a sweet tone well suited for fingerstyle. I approve of the burst on the top as well.
I have to say I never thought I'd own such a magnificent instrument! Thanks, Neil for your comments and the part you play in all our lives - you are a real encouragement!

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."
Old 06-30-2017, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwskaggs View Post
I have to say I never thought I'd own such a magnificent instrument! Thanks, Neil for your comments and the part you play in all our lives - you are a real encouragement!
I'd like to confirm that you formally added me to the "option to buy" list, for the day when you'll have to sell it to buy Mikki all that polymer clay and the tools she's going to need for HER new hobby!

(i know you already told me I'm on the list, but after all the others who got to you first!)

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE
Old 06-30-2017, 07:52 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyFB View Post
I'd like to confirm that you formally added me to the "option to buy" list, for the day when you'll have to sell it to buy Mikki all that polymer clay and the tools she's going to need for HER new hobby!

(i know you already told me I'm on the list, but after all the others who got to you first!)
Amy, I'm hoping she's forgotten all that "stuff" you shared with her about clays! You two seemed to have a ball together - it was fun watching you.

I keep getting questions about my McKnight - it's good to know folks love it.... Just hoping I can improve my game and be worthy of it!

Rainsong H-DR1100N2

Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwskaggs View Post
Thanks, Ross. You give me too much credit though. I'm blessed to know such good people and have been the recipient of charity which gives me faith in humanity, but otherwise I'm just a "work in progress" like the rest of us.

BTW, check your PMs regarding tabs for Chet Atkins' arrangement of Vincent that I played at the OM that your wife liked.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Chet style ... Oh yes, I like that. Master that, Ross and at McJam 2018 you and Amy will be the showcase class to teach the others a little. I'll be the one in the corner as the easy listener!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Chet style ... Oh yes, I like that. Master that, Ross and at McJam 2018 you and Amy will be the showcase class to teach the others a little. I'll be the one in the corner as the easy listener!
Best pray for a miracle, Mary!

Rainsong H-DR1100N2

Old 07-18-2017, 09:48 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I did PM a link for that arrangement Mary. If he tunes that guitar to DGDGBE and fiddle around with it with the melody in his mind I think he'll surprise himself. Sometimes changing tuning or putting on a different set of strings - over even having a good fingernail day will cause inspiration to hit.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

It's all good, Neil.

I spent this morning looking at my copy of the #10 McJam book. Already looking back and wondering where the month has gone.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases