The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-25-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
I was so tempted to get a TM8 when they first came out, but kept hesitating for various reasons. It's still at the top of my list for potential purchase but I do keep hoping for something else to come out which ticks off a couple points I'd like to see, not least of which is a more traditional patch section.

What are some of the updates and do they offer acoustic guitar processing so that I could sell off the VE-8?

This right here is just another interesting nugget that is becoming so common with modern mixers and it's hard not to love the idea of plugging in an external drive and recording all your performances with no effort at all.
I am in a bit of a rush so will post later but QSC did post a four minute video outlining all of the updates. Most of them really bring thee touch mix mixers from fairly good in terms of user friendly to amazing.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:22 AM

The upgrade is why I picked one up. I tend to download mixer apps and try them out extensively. I like to see how they compare to the Allen and Heath app I was using. The TM30 app was amazing. When they upgraded the firmware for the 8 and 16 it was probably 90 to 95% of the TM30 app. You are absolutely correct, it was already pretty good, but the new upgrade took it to an entirely different level.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification