The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-29-2015, 09:19 AM

Default Fender's Newest Acoustasonics

If nothing else, these look very cool. I really like the aesthetics. However, have any of you played through one of these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...tar-stereo-amp

Old 08-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Looks pretty nice... but to tell the truth, I would not buy anything from Fender nowadays, without some SERIOUS "vetting" and research, as well as "hands-on" experience. Too many companies are getting really good at making stuff that, on paper, seems a great product... but where the "rubber meets the road" they fail dismally...

This obviously Fender's bid to cut into the AER market... but it's a whole lot of money for something from a company that tends to make cheap sounding gear...

I know that the Hot Rod Deluxe is a good amp, but they aren't very reliable, past a point... and I know far too many people who were unhappy with the Acoustasonic line, both from the sound and the build quality/reliability standpoint...

Seems that if one were willing to "pony up" $900, that they would also be willing to go the extra $$$ for a Bose Compact or an AER Compact 60... both of which are excellent products with very strong reputations...

I'll pass, thanks...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 08-29-2015, 01:32 PM

Based on the sounds I've heard from the Acoustasonic, I wouldn't be too interested in this model. Don't like it's look either. But I disagree w/ JSeth. I bought a new electric amplifier called a Fender Vaporizer earlier this year for about $300. Great sounding/looking, bulletproof so far. Fair price for a medium sized combo w/ 2-10" speakers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification