The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-14-2018, 06:51 PM

Default Using Ipad for DAW

Just some midweek banter here. I dont have a tablet or ipad but Iv seen a few mixers/workstations focused around ipads. When you think of it your looking for good AD converters and connections for your gear and software thats it.
Well more too I guess but seeing these ipad workstations made me think this could make it really fun and easy.

Is it one more redundant toy or are any of these digital audio workstations for ipads worth a look see?

Ones like Behringer istudio, Griffin, Focusrite, etc. It would also be cool to get one with their light version of Presonus or what ever, half the reason for getting it.

Last edited by waveform; 02-14-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 PM

I just replaced my little mobile rack (presonus 1818, RNP, racked headphone amp) with an Apogee ONE. I’m sure I’ll use Auria as my DAW on my iPad and HarmonicDog’s DAW on my phone.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:27 PM

Cool thanks I was looking at the Apogee and Irig. They both had good AD converters and are compact. Then also you could use an Ipad or a computer and then what ever DAW for the device. Im leaning now on using a midi keyboard (with xlr inputs for audio) for my AD interface device.

It just seemed that on something like the Ipad you could select tracks on the screen and do stuff way more intuitively on the fly.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
I just replaced my little mobile rack (presonus 1818, RNP, racked headphone amp) with an Apogee ONE. I’m sure I’ll use Auria as my DAW on my iPad and HarmonicDog’s DAW on my phone.
What version iPad do you have? And what version Auria?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD