The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGuy View Post
Huh?

Not sure what that was all about.

(I guess some things are possibly misinterpreted in a virtual medium.)
I probably did misinterpret. Typical me...

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually
Old 02-20-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddManOut View Post
I probably did misinterpret. Typical me...
It really was meant as a compliment because you’re almost like a luthier with your level of knowledge and experience – but I guess you believe that you lack the practical skills, so you go to Larry for the actual build.

By the way, I’m still haunted sometimes by the full, rich sound of that Palo Escrito/Red Spruce 12-fret dread of yours.

I’m still thinking of purchasing one someday, so if you ever decide to part with yours, please let me know!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGuy View Post
It really was meant as a compliment because you’re almost like a luthier with your level of knowledge and experience – but I guess you believe that you lack the practical skills, so you go to Larry for the actual build.
I have enough academic knowledge to be a lutherie tour guide, and enough practical skills to be a glue scraper.

Quote:
By the way, I’m still haunted sometimes by the full, rich sound of that Palo Escrito/Red Spruce 12-fret dread of yours.

I’m still thinking of purchasing one someday, so if you ever decide to part with yours, please let me know!
Thanks, I feel the same way...she's a keeper. Yes, a good 12-fret dread is pretty special.

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair