The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-22-2018, 12:22 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments. It really was a memorable experience!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:52 AM

Congrats on the wonderful experience that you had at Larrivee, as well as the new guitar! I'm sure you are totally thrilled with both!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 AM

Cool story and guitar.

I would like to take a tour like that someday.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:14 PM

If only all our experiences as consumers could feel as good!

Nice to know that my wonderful Larrivee comes from such fine people.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou Intern View Post
That's fantastic, Ken. Love the picture. I think the SD40 is going to be my next guitar. I just can't decide between rosewood and mahogany. Enjoy your new Larrivee!
I think it's hard to go wrong with either. But for whatever reason this time the mahogany appealed to me more. But I hope to add a rosewood Larrivée also at some point.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

I bet your OM sounds fantastic. Mahogany is my favorite tone wood.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:54 PM

Ken, I'm jealous! . Great that you were able to buy the OM-40 that you played at the shop. Does Larrivee have a store front that you can buy guitars or is it only for certain walk-ins, like yourself? I've heard of this being done before, just not sure if there's a store.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:16 PM

Default NGD Larrivée OM-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Ken, I'm jealous! . Great that you were able to buy the OM-40 that you played at the shop. Does Larrivee have a store front that you can buy guitars or is it only for certain walk-ins, like yourself? I've heard of this being done before, just not sure if there's a store.

they don’t have a store front. But it seems they welcome visitors, pending schedule, and other issues like that. I had no personal relationship with them prior to writing an email to them out of the blue. And they could not have been more helpful. Shoot them an email with your questions. i’m sure they will be more than happy to help you.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:30 PM

The couple times I have ordered parts from Larrivee and had questions I have always been absolutely thrilled with their willingness to spend time with me. They are obviously a great family as well as truly great luthiers.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:43 PM

Default Great guitars, great people

I was fortunate to get a, guided by John Jr, tour of the Vancouver factory back in the day. It was a wonderful experience seeing how many individuals had a part of the construction of each instrument. It was fascinating to see their inlay equipment operate. Of course for the high-end custom stuff, Wendy Larrivee was the guru. After the delightful tour, we went to the shipping room where I selected my L-05 (sold as a "second" because the fretboard had a light wood pattern that in playing position looks like a mountain range and was one of the things that attracted me to the guitar.) It has moved to the top of my favorite to play guitars. I picked out an LV-03R for my nephew. Finally, the person who arranged the tour, the owner of Radial Engineering, had tried out an O-09 Parlor that John, Jr. told me "I will make you an incredible deal on the Parlor." Bottom line, for less than the cost of a Taylor 615CE I bought new, they shipped these three guitars to me down here in Louisiana.
I'm glad, but not suprised, that the Larrivees remain so personable and open. They have a fine product and they are fine folks. Congrats on the new OM-40. I've no doubt you'll love it. I love mine.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on you new OM-40 Ken! Very cool you got to meet Jean and get the tour.

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 01-23-2018, 11:00 AM

Very cool. Larrivee's are great. Now you have a neat story with your special new guitar. Enjoy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion