The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Default fake and failed SDOTD

I like MF's Stupid Deal of The Day. I check it every morning at 8AM.

About in a great while it will be something I like and a good deal, so I will buy it.

Sometimes it's high-end stuff like the Taylor guitars they recent had on significant cost reduction (several hundreds of dollars below an on-sale price).

Sometimes it stupid junk that's normally $6.00, on wild blow-out, once-in-a-lifetime spelcial price of $5.85

Yesterday they had a set of headphones listing for $149 and on SDOTD sale for $39. Sounds like a great deal. So, as I always do, I check around other sites to see what the going price is for these headphones. Hmmmmmm....they're $39 every day on Amazon (and Music123 and SamAsh and and and)...

I like MF but buyer beware, even there

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 06-26-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Yesterday they had a set of headphones listing for $149 and on SDOTD sale for $39. Sounds like a great deal. So, as I always do, I check around other sites to see what the going price is for these headphones. Hmmmmmm....they're $39 every day on Amazon (and Music123 and SamAsh and and and)...

I like MF but buyer beware, even there
Of course you have to check.

And no, they are $65 on Amazon. The TH-200 models are $39. These were Th-300X models https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-TH-300.../dp/B00VTT9IMC
Old 06-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

I might have the site wrong but I did a copy-paste on the model and got a handful of hits for $39

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 06-26-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I might have the site wrong but I did a copy-paste on the model and got a handful of hits for $39
So did I, and for some reason the first hits were for the 200 models. And yes at 39.99. but don't take my word for it. Google again.

I bought them after checking. And yes I almost didn't until I noticed the $39.99 ones at amazon and a bunch of other places were the TH-200, Not the 300s.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic